Chapter 18~Duel

*yo POV*

No. Not now. Please. No. "Ohohoooooo! And what a great time I've chosen!" Radiance cooed as she stared at me. Let me guess: I was holding my dead wrist and my hair was fucked up. I had dry tears down my face too. Lovely. "Now isn't a good time." Grimm sighed. "Mmmmmmmm naaaaaah." Radiance replied. Before any of us could respond, she yeeted a laser. "HOLY-Radiance?!" Grimm yelled, grabbing his nail. I did the same. "Now to fight with my left hand." I think and roll my eyes. Radiance does her sun-ball attack. And guess who they follow?! Me! I quickly run and dodge 'em. "Relax. Breathe." I think to myself as I hide behind my bed. I clutch my nail tightly. Gotta go fast-

              CRASH. I roll out of the way. "Whoops. Did I destroy your bed? Oh well. 'Cmon I'm bored." Radiance says. I groan. Grimm quickly runs towards Radiance and shoots one of his fire-pillars at her face. "Now is not the best time." He says through gritted teeth. "ooOooOooOOOOoooh! Did I make you....angy~" She teases.

Grimm scowls and shoots more fire to shut her up, even if it only lasted a few seconds. In return, she set fire to the entire floor. "Great. Wait. Child? CHILD." I quickly run towards Grimm, ignoring the smoke and fire around me. "Grimm. Where's the child?" I whisper-yell, holding in coughs. (because if the smoke and stuff) His eyes widen. "...oh fuck. They're not fireproof yet..." He whispers. "........I'm not exactly *cough* fireproof either..." I say, mildly panicked. I then covered my mouth with my cloak. "...follow me. I'll get you out." Grimm says, extending a hand. I look at him with a, 'Only this once." Look. I'm still not very....satisfied with his behavior.

           I hesitantly take his hand as he quickly teleports us out if there and onto the cliff-thing. "Wh-this far-*cough* I can take being a safe distance from the fire, y'know." I explain. Grimm sighs. "You want the child alive or not?" He says in a monotone voice. "Hhmmmhhhhhhhh fine." I grumble. Grimm looks at me with a quick reassuring look before teleporting away. ".....child please be okay..." I silently think and sit down. A few minutes pass. I can faintly hear a sudden roar of fire. "Hello." A voice says. It's not Grimm. ".....Radiance." I grumble and stand up, grabbing my nail. "What do you want?" I say. She sighs dramatically. "Bored." She says. ".....can you be bored somewhere else?"
"Nah."
"Why."
Not gonna lie, it looked like she was stalling...
"Uhhh..."
"What are you hiding?"
"What?"
"It's pretty clear that you're stalling."
"..."
"...?"
"Uh."
"........that's all? Look. What do you want?!"
The Radiance swings back and forth like a child. "A friewnd. Thatz wha."
I hold back a laugh. "Well if that's what you want, you gotta be nice." I reply teasingly.

        There's been a weird silence going on for a while now. "....wanna know what I was preparing?" Radiance suddenly asks. "I-er....okay?" I reply with an uneasy tone. "THIS!" Radiance yells as she straight up stabs me through my stomach. She then teleports away. I fall to my knees and look down. I can't see very well, but I can smell....smoke? Eh. The pain is so incredibly intense that I can't feel anything.

       The only thing I can feel is my entire body shaking. I loose balance and lightly tug on the sword that implied me. (That didn't really help.) I hear a muffled voice call my name. The only thing I could reply with was a, 'Hhmhh...' and another tug on the sword. "Y'know, being implied by the Radiance herself seems like a nice way to go.....I'll allow it." My vision blurs. "Mhmm it's good."

I black out.

Don't worry you're not gonna die