Chapter 27~Snap

*NKG's POV*

The clock struck 2:09 AM.
Im supposed to be asleep. Go to sleep, idiot. I think.
I sheepishly look to my right to be met with the sight of Y/N clinging onto my torso.
Why does she care for my well-being? Ever since she figured out how shady my actions have been, Y/N has been keeping a close eye on me. While I admire her...dedication, I don't want to burden her with my problems. This problem with the ritual isn't something she needs to worry about...then again...maybe I should-

"Grimm?"

Ah fuck. "Oh-how long have you been awake?..."

"I...woke up by chance...you say that like you've been awake for ages...what did I tell y-"

"yeah, yeah...don't worry...I heard you the first six times. You know you should stop telling me what to d--uhh. G-go b...ack to sleep..."

Shouldn't have said that...

She sits up suddenly, and I can't help but realize how much colder everything feels now...

"You know what? Keep doing whatever sick things you've been doing. I don't care anymore. Why make such an effort when all you do is decline everything??"

Shit.

"Y-Y/N--"

"No. I'm going to do...stuff. I don't know what but something for sure. Have fun."

"Wai-"

"Actually, when have you ever listened to me???" She says stearnly, getting out of bed and standing up.

"This whole thing was basically stockholm syndrome." Crap. That's not wrong...

"Forget it--you are the Nightmare King. Why did I expect you to behave somewhat normally?"

"...Love-"

"You won't give me answers. You won't give me trust. You won't give me anything--you know what? It's not even worth the effort of talking to you. I'm leaving this damned realm--"

~~

I seem to blink, and the next thing I see is the ceiling. Did I pass out? I feel small tears at the corners of my eyes. (does he even have tears?)

Alone. All alone. She had left me and I fucking slept? Pathetic...

I stare at the door, waiting hopelessly for some sort of magic to happen.

It all felt so....unreal...maybe I deserved it.

"Grimm?"

what

"Are you okay?"

w h a t

"...where'd you come from?"

"The back door, darling." She says, sarcasm laced in her voice.

"There's a back door??" I say, slightly embarrassed as I sit upright. It was a dream. Nice one, life. I notice Y/N laughing quietly.

"You idiot--this is the inside of the nightmare heart. There are no official doors. It's all pink and red and...uh-squishy. You've been living here for centuries."

I sigh quietly and look down. As much as I want to laugh and joke about me being a fucking idiot, I just can't get rid of that....dream. I guess it was obvious, because seconds later I hear:

"Did you have a nightmare?"

"...I think? Yeah? What's so funny, darling?..." 

"Well...I find it ironic that the almighty king of nightmares would have a nightmare so bad that he'd cry about it...oh-wait. Are you alright?" She sits on the bed next to me, smile flattening slightly. I stare for a bit. I'm so glad she's still here...

"N..nothing. It was nothing." I try to get rid of the stinging feeling in my chest.

"...ssssssssuuuuuuurrrree..." Y/N mumbles. Wait. "When did I fall asleep? I don't remember--"

Y/N starts laughing at my very confused face. "I asked you to look after The Child for a bit and when I got back you were faceflat and asleep, dear."

"o"

"Oh and you've been asleep for 2 and a half days. If you didn't 'die' unless the ritual was completed I would'a assumed you were dead!"

I try not to let my happy additude disappear. That dreaded ritual...

"A...actually, that's what I need to talk to you 'bout..." I mutter.

Y/N sighs and stands up. "Okay?...have some food first--you must be hungry, right? While you were asleep the kiddo made some stuff that they said you liked. I have no idea what it is."

I take a deep breath. Freshening up would give me enough time to think about the words I need.

"...sure."

i swear this chapter woulda been out sooner if i didnt get a little distracted kids im sorry--

anyway next chapter is alread a paragrafh in have faith in me ;-;

i will update at least once before the 29th because thats when schoo

byey