Chapter 8~Awkward

*Your POV (wow what a surprise)*

The next morning was a bit tense. Grimm simply greeted me with a simple, "Good Morning. Breakfast is in the kitchen." And walked off. "Shit." I am not good in awkward situations. I walk over to the table and stare at the food. "Am I really hungry? .....no. Should I eat it? Yes; to spare Grimm's feelings." I sit down and eat the food as quickly as possible. It was actually pretty good! I then walk back to my room and sit at the table. "Think........think...what should I-" My thoughts were interrupted by another thought. "Well. Seems like the Nightmare King has left you in the dust." Radiance said. "I.....what do you want? Er-not to be rude."
"Hmmmm....get away from him."
"What?! How?!"
"You're an explorer. Find an exit and leave. There's got to be some way!"
"Well 'Troupe Master Grimm' never allowed me to experiment with soul."
"Who said anything about soul?"
"That's the only way as far as I'm concerned."
"You should snap out of it now. Grimm's coming."
"Oh. Thanks?"
I quickly shut my eyes and shake my head. Grimm knocks on my door, slightly startling me. "Come in." I say. He slowly comes in and looks at me in the eye. "Y/N, I'm sorry for treating you like that this morning. You're the only company I have and I don't want things to be rough between us." He said. "It's alright. I understand why you'd act like that. You were only trying to keep me safe!" I reply. Grimm smiles and let's out a sigh of relief. "Thanks...so, what would you like to do?" He asks. "Uh...I'm not sure. What do you think?" I reply, twiddling my fingers. "Mmmm....it just occurred to me that I don't know much about you. Likes, dislikes, you know. And you don't know much about me either haha...what do you say?" "No." Yells the Radiance inside my head. "Sure! I would like that." I say anyway. The Radiance growls in my mind.

             Grimm suddenly freezes and looks around before landing his eyes on me. "Did you....did you hear that?" He asked. "...hear what?" I replied, feeling uneasy. "Radiance...she yelled. It's impossible to miss." Grimm said, glaring at me. "Ah fuck." "A-are you sure that it wasn't just your imagination?" I asked, looking away. "I hate lies, you know. A lot of people have lied to me." He said with a menacing tone. "What did I tell you." The Radiance mused in my mind. "Well, how can you tell I'm 'lying'?" I sternly say, standing up. "Well, I'm the Nightmare King so I can feel heart rates-" He begins. "So what if you're-" Our 'argument' was interrupted by a loud, 'BANG' from outside. We both stare in shock. "You're welcome." The Radiance coos in my head. "Thanks."

The Nightmare King sighs and shakes his head. "Sorry about that, Y/N. I'll go see what made that noise. Can we...forget about this? I've just been hearing the Radiance's voice a lot. Probably hearing things...meet me outside in a few?" He asks. "Sure! And it's not your fault...it happens to the best of us." I reply. Grimm nods and smiles before leaving. I sit down. "Why'd you do that?"
"It's too soon for you to die."
"Wh-die?! Grimm would never do that-"
"You have no idea what he's capable of."
I sigh and get up. "Not now. We'll talk later." I tell the Radiance before going to Grimm.

"I want to enjoy this afternoon......"

(Picture above drawn by me; nothing important; just a quick and little doodle.) Don't ask what I'm doing with the plot here. I'm doing whatever first comes into mind-
Hope you enjoyed!