Chapter 9~Radiant

*Your POV*

               I sit next to Grimm on the 'cliff thing'. After a few minutes, he spoke up. "So...what do you want to do?..." I hummed and thought about it. "Uh. I'm not su-" I stopped mid sentence when I saw the Nightmare King's expression. He was like, dazed and....alarmed? "Um. Grimm?...you okay?" I ask, waving my hand over his face. Suddenly, he grabs my wrist and yeets both of us behind a nearby stone thing.

"Grimm?! What the actual-" I started. He covered my mouth with his hand, causing me to use my r e f l e x e s on him. I quickly use my elbow and attempt to jab his stomach. Of course, he blocked it with his own. "Shut it...something's not right." He whisper-yelled. "Ah. I see." I thought. "Gottem." The Radiance said in my head. "What?" I replied. "You'll see." She said. "Oh. Um sorry..." Grimm whispered nervously as he removed his hands from my mouth and wrist. "Haha....that's alright." I whispered back.

A couple minutes pass and Grimm says, "That was...weird. I could've sworn-" He began. I started to feel lightheaded and let Grimm know by patting his chest passive-aggressively. "Y/N?! Everything alright?" He asks, panicked. "Er-no. Not really." I say, placing my hand on my forehead. "D-do you ever get that feeling when you're burning but everything else you touch is freezing cold and you have to vomit but you din't have enough energy and you're really tired?" I manage to say. Grimm's eyes widen as he quickly holds me stable. "I...I think I might black out-"

*time skip brought to you by quirrel*

I wake up in my bed. I sit up quickly as I recall what had happened. "Grimm?!" I call out. He quickly comes in. "Ah. Y/N! You've finally woken." He says. "How...how long was I out?" I ask, getting out of bed. "Uh. Not long." Grimm replies, walking closer. "Alright...do you know what that was all about? Ya know. The sudden 'protective mode' thing?" I ask, backing up as he walks even closer. "Grimm...can you like, back up?" I ask, by back hitting the wall. "Oh? So I'm not allowed to walk?" He replies angrily. "W-what?! When did I say that?"I stammer out. "Then what's the problem?" Grimm sarcastically asks as he legit corners me. "You're too close." I growl. He puts his hand on my waist and tilts my chin up, forcing me to look straight into his red eyes. "This is it. Alright, folks-wait."

Loud footsteps are heard through the hall and...they were approaching! The door is literally burnt down and a figure steps in. The figure is nine other than...Nightmare King? The Grimm that was cornering me hisses and let's go of me, pushing me towards the ground. The Grimm that had burnt down the door ran towards me and held my arm. "Don't move." He whispered. "Mhm..." I whisper back. "What are you doing and what do you want." The Grimm holding me asks. The other one laughs and disappears.
One minute.
Two minutes.
Three.
Four.
Grimm finally let's go of me. "Alright. What happened there?" I ask. "Illusion. You're currently dreaming." Grimm explained. "Uh. What? How are you here? And how did I dream up that?" I say. "Well, I'm the Nightmare King. It's natural for me to do this. And you didn't dream that thing up. The Radiance did for you." He replied. "Oh." I whispered, cursing silently to myself for 'trusting' the Radiance.

"Hey...what's that noise?"

Done. I've got a clear idea for the next chapter, so that won't take long. See you later-