Chapter 16~Dream

*Yo POV*

           Long story short, Grimmchild loves the key. It's been three hours and they are still teething on it. Though they look really tired. "Wait. What time is it?" I ask Grimm. He shrugs. "Uhhh....oh. 12:09 am." He replies with a guilty smile.   "Ummmm....child. It's time for bed." I say and pick them up. They let out a yawn and look at me with empty yet tired eyes. "Off to bed." Grimm says as we walk to the room. The child refuses to sleep on their own little bed and demands to sleep with us. Grimm is hesitant but agrees. "Allllrighty. Good night, everyone." Grimm says as he switches off all the lights. (Yes, we're in bed) "Mmmmmhm. Good night."

          I wake up in a familiar place. It looks like... "The preforming area in the Grimm Troupe? How?!" I think. My mind feels a bit hazed, giving me a clear sign that I'm dreaming. "Y/N?! Hah! It worked!" A familiar voice says. "Wha-Grimm?" I say, annoyed. "Y/N, I need you to listen." He says, calmly. "Wake me up." I demand.
"Please, just listen."
".........."
"What's the worst that can happen."
"...fine. Speak."
"...that wasn't me back there. The only thing I assigned you was the sign for Deepnest. I think you took note of how my eyes were red, correct?"
"...yes?..."
"Good. That was the Nightmare King. He wanted to separate you from the Troupe so that he could...do whatever he did."
My eyes widen.
"Him? No...he would never do that!"
"Oh he would."
I shake my head. "No...he wouldn't..." I whisper.
"...want proof?"
"Uh. If you have any then yes."
Grimm pulls out a video tape thing. "I forgot I was still recording when I went to see him. I was using it to record the Grimmkin so they could practice...then that happened." He explained as he showed me the  tape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Tell me what you did to Y/N."
"Oh! You've figured it out! How clever."
"Tell me."
"If you insist. *Inhale* I took over your body and overloaded Y/N with work and treated her disrespectfully until she quit. There, happy?"
"Y-you what?"
Calm down-"
"Calm down?! I needed her! She did the work happily and her signs were attracting people to our show! Now she's somewhere out there!"
"Really?! Perfect!"
"Excuse me?"
"Well I told you what I did. Now get out."
"You can't just-"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I stare blankly at the tape, my body shaking. "W-what? He-he...that...." I stammer. "Enough proof?" Grimm asks. "I-I.....yes." I sigh. He sits down next to me. "Look. I just want you to be safe. He's way more dangerous than you think. I'm not able to come into the Nightmare Realm because he blocked me out...but if he does anything, anything, let me know, somehow." Grimm says. My vision begins to blur. "...thank you, Grimm. I'm sorry..." I manage to say. "...you're forgiven."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

          I wake up suddenly. "Y/N?! What happened?" The Nightmare King asked from beside me. "I.........just had a bad dream, that's all." I say, avoiding eye contact. "Mmm...did the Radiance have anything to do with it?" He asks. "Can't remember." I lie. "......alright." He replies, putting a hand on my shoulder. "It's 1 am. We should get some sleep." He says. I nod, still avoiding eye contact. "Okay."

*NKG's POV *

            Somethings definitely not right. She doesn't even bother to look at me! Maybe she's just tired. It is 1 am. I'm overthinking this, aren't I. Ya, I am.

*back to u*

           I can't sleep. Not like this! I learned that my boyfriend is a liar and overall insane! We even have a 'child' for God's sake! I could be relaxing at the troupe if I weren't so gullible. I try my best to distance myself from Grimm as much as possible, which I think he noticed.

"Tomorrow is going to be one heck of a day..."

Wow 2 chapters in one day. I guess inspiration hit me like a truck or something. Anyways, some drama is gonna yeet itself into the next chapter. Alright bye