Seven

Sal

I stared up at Kenneth. He looks pretty intimidating. "Hello. Boy." He glared at me. I looked up at him. "Won't your father be worried that you aren't home? You've been here for a few hours." Mrs. Phelps asks. Looking at me. I just continued to stare at him. "She asked you a question!" I sighed. "My father is a drug addict. He could care less on where I was. Even if I was dead." That shut everyone up. Travis quickly looked at me. No one expected that. Travis just keeps learning more about me. I almost giggled because of that. "I don't care about what your father thinks." Mr. Phelps rolled his eyes. This guy.. Is getting on my nerves. "Just get out of my house. Leave NOW!" Mr. Phelps shouted. Jesus calm down u asshole. I walked over to my stuff and put my shoes on. All of them were staring at me. It was awkward. Until Travis broke the silence. "I can walk him out?" Travis looked at his father while I put my bag over my shoulders. Mr. Phelps nodded. Travis swiftly moved and put his shoes on. We walked out of the house as Mr. Phelps slammed it behind us. I hope I didn't get Travis into trouble because of my actions. "I'm sorry." I broke the silence. "For what?" Travis looked confused as we stopped at the end of their sidewalk. "For coming into your house, and getting you into trouble because of my actions." I stared up at him. He looked down at me. "It's fine. It was fun talking with you anyways.." The last sentence I could barely hear since he said it under his breath. I smiled even though he can't see it. "Wanna.. Maybe hang out tomorrow?" I asked looking into his beautiful brown eyes. He nodded. "I'd like that." He smiled gently. His smile is just like his mother's. "You smile like your mother. It's nice." He smiled a bit wider. "Thanks sal. See ya tomorrow." I nodded and walked off. He's not so bad after all.

Travis
(Abuse)
I walked back inside. Already knowing I was going to get beat the shit out of. "You know I don't like people coming over Travis!" Father shouted at me when I closed the door. "I'm sorry father. But it was raining p-" he cut me off by smacking my face. I sigh. There's no point and trying to talk to him. Mother continued to quietly make dinner. I had to take the blame for her. She doesn't deserve this. He grabbed me by the neck. "YOU LISTEN WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU, BOY!" He shouted. Spitting on me while doing so. He had me against the door. Tears pricked the sides of my eyes. I can't show weakness... "Kenneth! Stop it!" Mother.. He dropped me to the floor. I gasped for air. "You stay out of it! You bitch!!" He slapped her. "STOP HURTING HER!" I yelled at him. Tears were falling down my face now. He walked away from her and back to me. He kicked me hard. In the ribs. Mother watched in terror. He grabbed me by the neck again. "Now you listen here boy." After that I don't know what happened...

Sal

I felt horrible leaving Travis. So.. I walked back to his house.. "YOU LISTEN WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU, BOY" I froze. I stepped off of the porch and walked around the house to the window by the tv. I peeked in and saw Travis being chocked by his father. "Kenneth! Stop it!" He dropped travis. I watched as Travis gasped for air. Tears in his eyes. "You stay out of it! You bitch!!" I watched as he slapped Mrs. Phelps. "STOP HURTING HER!" I watched in terror as Travis yelled in anger. Then Kenneth kicked him in the ribs. I ran. I ran all the way back to the apartments. I can't do anything. I'm just a screw up. I ran to the elevator. Quickly clicking the number 4. I can't do anything right..