Thirty six

Tears were rolling down my eye as I locked eye contact with him. Then it all stopped. "W-What the fuck..?!-" the doctors looked scared. I looked around my shoulder. Where my wings should be were the bone of them. It looked horrifying. Travis was holding my hand now. "It'll.. It'll be okay." He looked at the doctors. A girl, she sighed and took her coat off. Wings stretched out and she let them droop next to her. She looked me in the eyes and nodded. "Sal fisher. I promise you, it will be okay. They're just.. Growing back.. It's a painful process.." The other two doctors sighed and nodded their head. "We do have.. Pills for this.. No other, angel.. Has been in sight for years. We were just sent here to protect them, if we saw them." Me and Travis looked at them in disbelief. "Your mother. She really cares about you. So we will do our best to let you heal. Correctly." One doctor walked off to get something for me. "The process of your wings to fully heal takes about a month. We recommend you stay here until done. Mr. Phelps, you can stay too. If you'd like. But sal. We have some questions for you." One of them leaned against the nightstand. The girl. She just stood there. Travis st in the guest seat next to me. "Mr. Fisher. Who did this?" I sighed and remembered. Trevor. "Trevor. He was new to our school. I think he was going to try and rape me or something but he saw my wings first." They nodded. "We have records of everyone in your school. We'll look into it. We won't stop until he gets what he deserves." I nodded. "Thank you." The other person walked back in. They walked up to me and handed me some pills. "Take one a day. They'll help your healing process faster, and it won't be as painful. Usually it would take 2-3 months to fully heal them back. But we found a better way to heal them." I nodded again. "Thank you so much." They smiled and walked out and gently shut the door behind them. "Sal.. I'm so sorry.." I popped a pill in my mouth and took a sip of water. I turned to look at Travis. "Love, it wasn't your fault. It never will be, I'm fine now." He gently smiled and got comfortable in his chair. "I'll see you in the morning angel. I love you. Ill tell Larry you woke up, tomorrow." I smiled and carefully layed back down and closed my eyes. This is going to be a painful month.