Twenty two

"Hey sal-" we both looked at each other. Instantly, we both raised our hand. "Mr. Phelps, and Mr. Fisher. What do you want." Mrs. Packerton looked at us both. "May I go to the bathroom?" We both said in sync. "Uh.. I guess. Whatever." She nodded and went back to teaching. Me and Travis quickly got up. We went into the bathroom and saw Larry there. "Dude! I was just about to text you to meet me here." We all stared at each other. I looked down. "I.. I saw my mother.." Tears started to fall down my face. They both quickly came to hug me. Travis reached to take my prosthetic off. I didn't care at this point. He took it off and looked into my eyes. "And I saw my father. That's all I saw the whole time. Him." I looked at Travis. "Really?" Larry looked at both of us. "Dude! Why the hell did we go back in time?" I sighed and sat down. The sat down too. "My mother..."

After I explained everything I saw, they were in total disbelief. I looked into Travis's eyes. His beautiful brown eyes. Larry looked at me. "Dude.. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that." He hugged me. I smiled and hugged him back. "Can we.. Skip the rest of today?" The both looked at me and grinned.

Travis

It was the weirdest thing. First, we were in the fight and Larry was watching it. Then, we were back in class. And I was about to ask Sal to meet me. I can't believe his mother helped us like that. She must've been a great parent. Right now me and lar are skipping with sal. We went up to the treehouse. "Trav, u want one?" He's of course, holding a pack of cigarettes. I grin sheepishly. "Thanks." He uses his to light mine then sticks it back in his mouth. Sal is sitting next to me. "You know.. What if I don't have my wings anymore. I mean, it would be weird. But I knew my purpose was to protect Travis. Was it not?" We both looked over to Sal. "Why not look?" Sal sighs and gets up. He takes his hoodie off and sure enough, they were there. He sat down again and wrapped his wing around me.

Sal

My purpose must mean I protect him. Forever. He put my head on my shoulder and Larry sat in front of us.