Nine

(Abuse)

I quickly walked into the house as I saw father and mother in the kitchen. I stopped. He looked at me instantly. "You listen here boy. When did I EVER tell you that you could go see a friend. And be gone for HOURS." I flinched when he yelled. He walked towards me and punched me in the stomach. "You aren't getting dinner tonight." Mother looked sad. I sighed and nodded. "Go to your room." I nodded and walked upstairs.

Sal

"Why the hell are you hanging out with him again?!" Larry looked angry. I sighed. "Because.. He's a nice guy..?" "Bullshit, sal." I sighed. "Can we not talk about him right now?" Larry huffed and started talking about something else. Thank god.

Once Larry left I put my shoes on and walked out of the apartment. I had to go check on him. I know he wouldn't want me to. But I have to. I walk out of Addison apartments and start walking to see Travis.

Travis

I cried for father to stop as he was beating me for not being home when he didn't give me promotion to leave. Mother was knocked out on the ground. I needed to help her. I tried to get away from him but he grabbed me by my shirt collar and started to choke me. That's when I saw the bluenette. He was in the doorway. The phone to his ear. Father froze. He quickly let go of me. I ran over to mother. "MOTHER!!" I grabbed her and hugged her. I checked for a pulse. She had one, luckily. Sal came over to me, watching father closely. The police were on the way. Sal's wings ripped through his shirt as he wrapped them around us. Comforting me. I hugged him closely as he watched father. Then the police showed up. Tears were falling down my face. "It'll be okay.. You'll be okay Travis.." He hugged me back. "PUT YOUR HANDS UP" Father quickly raised his hands and they took him away. A police officer showed up next to us. Sal moved his wings. I looked up at the police officer. "Please. Help my mother." He nodded and the parametrics rushed in with a stretcher. They quickly yet gently put mother on the stretcher and ran off with her. I hugged sal again. And he hugged me back. He wrapped his wings around me again. I felt happy. Even after everything happened.

Sal

I walked Travis back to the apartments. My wings gently wrapped around him. At this point I knew what my purpose was. It was to protect him. We walked into the apartments and into the elevator. "I'm sorry.." Travis looked into my eyes. Well, my real eye and glass eye. "What for?" I tilted my head a little. "For being an ass for you ever since I met you." He stared at me. "It's fine. You had your reasons to." I chuckled and wrapped my wings around him. Then the elevator doors opened.