𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Donghyuck laid sprawled out on Jaemin's couch, scrolling through his phone. Soft music played in the room, all four boys doing different things. Jaemin and Jeno were looking at something on Jaemin's computer, while Renjun tried to finish some of his work.

"What are you even doing?" Donghyuck asked, after seeing how serious Renjun looked.

The latter looked up from the papers in front of him, adjusting his glasses. "Well, someone needs to do the admin shit so that you idiots can graduate."

Donghyuck laughed at the boy's response, swinging his legs over the couch to sit up again. "Thank you for all your hard work, Injunnie~"

Renjun simply rolled his eyes at the younger, waving him off as he went back to focusing on the stack of papers in front of him. Donghyuck took the opportunity to sneak up on the Chinese, ruffling his hair. "Yah!"

Donghyuck laughed at the sight of Renjun with his messy hair. A rare sight, but definitely Donghyuck's favourite. "I'd kill you right now but I'm busy. So, consider yourself lucky, Haechan."

The latter giggled like a little kid, exiting the room after blowing Renjun a kiss. He walked down the corridor of Jaemin's house, about to head to the kitchen downstairs. Just as he was about to walk down the stairs, he heard a door open. Nari quietly closed the door of Minjus's room, before leaning against it with her eyes shut.

He waited for her next move, wondering how long it would take her to notice him standing a few meters away from her. He noticed how she took deep breaths, as she slowly ran her hand through her hair, her fingers staying tangled in her dark locks.

A good minute must have passed, before Nari finally opened her eyes. She immediately met Donghyuck's eyes from the small distance and suddenly felt anxious again.

The boy offered her a small smile, which she returned. This was definitely awkward. They haven't spoken in a good two months, but the way they had left things off made this meeting a million times more uncomfortable.

Nari was unsure whether she should start a conversation or if the boy still hated her too much to speak. She tried to come up with something to say though, but Donghyuck had already beat her to it. "This is weird, isn't it?"

Nari laughed to herself, nodding at his words. "Definitely... But I'll just go if-"

Donghyuck harshly exhaled, cutting Nari's words short. "I'm sorry for the way I acted. I was hurt a lot, but it doesn't justify my actions towards you. I'm really sorry."

Nari definitely did not expect all that, especially not from Donghyuck. She felt shocked by the random apology and started taking small steps towards the boy. "Hyuck, you have nothing to apologize for. You had every right for acting that way. You didn't deserve to be hurt like that."

Donghyuck chuckled, running his fingers through his hair. "I'm okay with everything that happened. I'm just glad we never dated, because it definitely helped me make peace with the situation. Just... please, accept my apology."

"If you'll accept mine?" Nari tried to bargain, resulting in Hyuck smiling at her.

"Then apology accepted."

The girl had a bright smile plastered on her face now, perfectly matching her usual bubbly personality. Donghyuck would never admit it, but he missed seeing her smile. She had this effect on people where she could always make you feel happy even when you weren't. And Donghyuck respected her for that.

"Just for the record, if you tell anyone that you were the one who broke my heart, I'm denying all of it." Donghyuck leaned against the wall, a lopsided grin on his face.