| forty eight ; predestined fate

the shadow in the light

chapter forty eight; predestined fate

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"in all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. in all the world, there is no love for you like mine."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: watch me disappear after this cliffhanger again. lol have fun

antares opened his maw as he got ready to use breath of destruction again. however, bellion's sword wrapped around his maw, closing it shut.

bellion pulled the dragon king down to the ground, allowing the shadow giants to pin antares's body to the ground.

tusk casted a spell as he froze antares in place. beru and greed quickly came up, zooming towards antares as they punched the side of his face.

igris stood on antares's back as y/n lifted her hand, taking away the light from the sun as she shot it towards antares just as igris did his attack.

jin-woo watched next to y/n on kaisel's back as everything went accordingly to plan. suddenly, they heard antares's booming voice once again.

"how amusing," antares noted. "i like fights where i overwhelm the enemy with a significant difference in numbers, but i do find the opposite situation quite amusing."

an endless chain of mana ripples shook the atmosphere around them. the ground quaked violently

jin-woo and y/n were equally shocked when antares spread out his wings, standing up with ease.

"allow me to show you the real thing."

the ground shook like an earthquake that affected the whole world. jin-woo and y/n became dizzy in an instant as they wobbled unsteadily.

jin-woo detected the terror, the fear and the pain from his shadows and quickly recalled them back, seeing as how he couldn't control them.

in the midst of chaos, antares had opened his maw once again. flames that burned like they could power a planet coagulated in his mouth before they powered out in a single stream, destroying everything in its way.

"this is the real thing," antares bellowed out. he gave y/n a look before transforming back to his human form, "you do not have to be so nervous, sister."

y/n narrowed her eyes at him as she held jin-woo protectively behind her, "what are you implying?"

"when you grabbed my arm, i could have easily broken free. however, i did not do so because you impressed me by driving me into a corner."

antares looked over at jin-woo, "as a fellow monarch, i wanted to have a quiet conversation with you."

jin-woo stared at the dragon king with a suspicious glare.

"if you have inherited the previous shadow monarch's memories, then you must already know this... our ultimate enemy is not this world, but the ones that exists beyond the skies. the army of the rulers; their only meaning in existence is to destroy the darkness that is the monarchs."

as said, even jin-woo wouldn't be an exception with him being the shadow monarch.

"my plan was to eliminate you and my sister and prepare to fight them. but i've changed my mind after seeing you two fight. you two possess a different set of talents compared to ashborn and lucia. i saw our glorious victory within your talents."