29 [I'm Glad You Fought]

Annabeth woke up. Her mouth was dry and her face felt sticky. Everything was muted to her.

Was this what dying felt like?

She thought it would be harder.

Everything was in a haze when she opened her eyes. They stung with an intensity that she knew were from tears. Her limbs were stiff and it took Annabeth a minute to find the strength to lift her head.

She was connected to tubes, tape was sprawled across her forearms.

"Annabeth," she heard. It was said like a sigh of relief. She attempted to turn her head just to find her head swarming and her brain felt like it was crashing into her skull. Annabeth compared it to a bad migraine.

"Hey," a different voice said. Her mind was muffled with fogginess.

Percy. Nico. She recognized.

She wanted to close her eyes again. The light hurt and she was so tired.

Percy kissed her forehead. Annabeth almost cried right there. Percy was crying, and Nico squeezed her hand. Annabeth's body was in pain. Every movement she tried to make just ended with her tensing.

"I thought I lost you," Percy whimpered to her. His hands stroked the side of her head, brushing some of her hair behind her ear.

His shoulder shook as he hugged her. Annabeth ignored the crushing weight that was on her chest as she moved one arm. It burned and Annabeth groaned. She then swung it over Percy's back.

"I'm glad you fought, Annabeth." A girl said. Annabeth saw someone wearing a green hat in her peripheral vision. She couldn't make out their features.

Annabeth's fingers brushed against the small of Percy's back as her arm lowered. She was unable to keep up the strength to keep her arm up.

Percy felt bolts of electricity rush up his spine. It was faint, like a muted storm danced across that one spot. He had a sense of deja vu. It was where his Achille's spot used to be.

He smiled at her.

She survived a poisoned knife, and she'll survive this.