17 [Her Choice]

A full week after Will had been had been taken to be punished, Annabeth sat in the infirmary. She looked at the papers in her hands. The pens she held trembling violently. Her lip bleeding as she bit it too hard, blood staining her teeth.

She couldn't do this. Not without Will.

She had no romantic feelings for her, she knew that. And, being honest, neither did she. She had just cheated on Percy with Will to make her feel better. To make her feel like she was desired. Loved in more ways than just emotionally.

She messed up. She knew that, Annabeth was aware of what she had done to her life. Placing a hand over her stomach, she took a deep breath. This was the best choice. The only one she had now that she was alone.

With a shaky hand she signed the documents. One after the other as she read the side effects. Tears blurring her vision and making it harder and harder to read as she continued.

• Abdominal pain and cramping
• Nausea
• Vomiting
• Heavy or persistent bleeding
• Damage to the cervix
• Scarring of the uterine lining
• Damage to other organs
• Death

I wish this will kill me. Annabeth thought before sniffling. She placed the papers on the table and moved herself to the infirmary bed. Saliva gathering in her mouth before she swallowed it harshly.

This was her choice.

But it didn't make it any easier.

The sheet that acted as a door was pushed the the side and a younger girl came in. She looked about 15. Pale face, button nose, short blonde hair, and dark brown eyes. "Hello, I'm Suzanne and I'll be your doctor for today." The girl spoke quietly, sending Annabeth a concerned look.

She then picked up the papers and her face softened. "Are you sure?" Suzanne questioned. Her voice gentle as she pressed a hand on Annabeth's shoulder. Annabeth nodded quickly. "This is the only thing I can do, I-I won't put this baby in this world with me as a mess." Annabeth said with a choked sob.

Suzanne nodded again. "You've read the after effects?" She asked the older girl. Annabeth nodded and repeatedly wiped under her eyes.

"Lay down, and try to calm down. It's for the best." Suzanne said to Annabeth. Trying to help as Annabeth laid down slowly. "Remove everything from the waist down, and we'll get started with the procedure." Suzanne instructed. Walking over the the curtain door and closing it. Then jogging over to the cabinet and gathering the right tools.

"I can assure you they have all been sterilized." She mentioned, taking the clothes from Annabeth's shaky grip.