30 [You're My Person]

Nico watched from outside as Percy talked to Annabeth. She laughed and winced. Percy was instantly alert and went to coddle her, much to her dismay. Nico found himself smiling with a bitter taste in his mouth.

Percy looked a mess. His hair was messy and he had eyebags the size of Olympus. Everything about him screamed Attention, I am not okay!

Nico sighed and stared more. They didn't see him yet, and the demigod at the desk couldn't care less about why he was being a weirdo.

Inside, Nico knew that Percy's heart didn't belong to Annabeth anymore. He rationally knew that he would never leave him for her, or at least he hoped. After all they had gotten together by cheating on their exes. Nico shook the thought out of his head.

Annabeth would always be one of Percy's best friends, seconded to Grover.

His hands shook and he clutched them to his chest. Percy was smiling again. The last few days had been like a week in personal hell.

Waiting for Annabeth to wake up, staying up all night checking up on her, and crying to Nico was how Percy had decided to cope. Nico didn't judge. He had his sister back, and he remembered bitterly how he had taken it when his sister had been declared gone.

"Hey Neeks, are you going to go in?" Bianca asked. She held two books in her arms and her hair was freshly washed. Nico sighed and shrugged.

"It's almost like I'm isolated." He said. "I know she isn't competition." Nico insisted. He turned to Bianca and tried to ignore her empathetic gaze. Nico shot the two a look again before letting his sister set her books down and hug his side.

"I know that she'll never leave his life. And this week was so hard with her being so close to death– but I can't help but feel a little bad when I see them together. We got together by cheating, so why wouldn't he cheat again? What's stopping me from cheating again?"

Bianca paused at her brother's words. She hadn't gotten completely up to date with everything that had happened since she had died. She was left to eat up snippets of gossip spread by the Aphrodite cabin, and vague answers from the other people around her. It was almost like everyone wanted to forget whatever happened. Bianca couldn't tell if it was just because she was Nico's sister, or they were just as ignorant as her on the issue.

"Do you want to cheat on him?"

"No. I.. I don't even like to think about me cheating on him. I just–I'm a bit insecure. I'm pretty messed up, Bia. I wouldn't exactly blame him if he left me."

"But he won't," she reassured. "They might have faced hell together, but they're each others person. You're his soulmate."

Nico paused, looking at his sister with his eyebrows raised.

"Did you just make a Grey's Anatomy reference?" He asked. Bianca shrugged with a sly grin.

"Dad said I had to watch something to pass the time in the Underworld. Figured Grey's would be a good way to pass the time."