15 [The Ceremony]

Hera stood in the strawberry field graciously. Her silver hair let lose to flow in the gentle breeze, and her cold eyes glaring at the two demigods. Will looked at ease, and Annabeth looked nervous. A small amount of demigods crowded over them, the whole group standing on a wooden platform made about an hour earlier by some Hephaestus kids. Hera looked out in the audience, looking at a pair of boys.

Perseus Jackson and Nico Di Angelo.

Hm. The goddess thought; Unlikely pair.

To Hera's side was Aphrodite, the goddess staring at both couples. She looked at Will, and then at Nico, growing pale. Even a shade of green for a split second, but then returned smiling once again.

Hera has no clue what could set her off to actually pale and turn her face green, and she wasn't sure she wanted to know. She was here to take revenge on Annabeth Chase. She cheated on Perseus Jackson long before he had his... thing... with Nico Di Angelo. It was only fair to punish her as she wished she could punish her husband.

By bonding herself and her current secret-partner, just to see her suffer as the truth came out. Why she cheated, when she cheated, how she was going to hide this child's biological father's identity with him as her bonded spouse. This would have a toll on the bonding... She grinned and narrowed her eyes at Annabeth.

"Shall we begin?" She asked Aphrodite. The goddess of love nodded, looking sad towards Nico. Hera still hasn't the clue why.

"We are gathered here today in The Name of the gods." Hera stayed firmly, Annabeth looking down. Her hands were holding one another like they were hiding from Will.

Annabeth didn't truly want this, if she was being honest, but that didn't stop her from having slight cold feet.

Aphrodite peered over at Nico and Percy. Her eyes staring at Nico's small frame and pink-rimmed eyes.

"Aphrodite, if you will." Hera ordered as Aphrodite pulled herself back to the ceremony.

"Two can only be bonded if they're pure to only each other after knowledge of their bond." Aphrodite paused to look at Will and Annabeth. Both blonds remained quiet, Annabeth frowning as Will smiled. She continued, leaving Hera to question the actions of the Demi-gods.

"If one said partner has intercourse after they obtain knowledge of the bond, and before the pair is bonded; the said partner will get a say in whether the bonding is made official." Aphrodite cleated her throat, licking her lips as she looked down. Her feet pressed together as she stood graciously.

"However, if the cheating bond mate has a next of kin with their destined bond mate, this option maybe jeopardized."

Aphrodite took notice to the new pale looks on Will's face, as well as Annabeth's face.

"This can also be jeopardized if the cheating bond mate forced himself on a person to create a problem with their bond. In this case, the said mate will not only be shamed for their actions, but punished by the gods themselves. New times call for new rules." She finished, placing a hand down on Annabeth 's head, and then Will's.

Will seemed to become white, and Nico's hands tightened around one another. His fingers turning red as he kept his grip firmly on them. Then slid down painfully on each finger.

Nothing happened

He had to remind himself, trying to regain any color he had in his face. Percy eyes him carefully, but averted his attention back to the ceremony. Annabeth hadn't told him about this, he learned it all from Jason. The son of Jupiter half panicked the whole time because he was worried about Nico– Percy admitted that made him a little jealous, of anything, Percy should have been the one practically begging to see Nico.

Aphrodite summoner two pink carnations, and Hera held a golden apple in one hand. "Purity test." Hera announced to the crowd and the two demigods in front of her. Annabeth bit her lip and her feet were facing each other. Everyone could tell she was nervous...

Hera places the golden apple in between the two demigods, and watched as Aphrodite places a flower in Annabeth's hair. "If this flower turns dark red, this woman takes this man as her bonded mate, forever in each others minds, forever in each others lives." Aphrodite announced, her eyes widening slightly in surprise as the flower turned red.

The red carnation soon matching the color of Annabeth's cheeks. The apple remained there, and Aphrodite placed a carnation in Will's hair.

The golden apple glowed, and the carnation turned black. Smoking as if it was caught on fire, then crumbling into ashes. Spreading in Will's hair as the wind blew past them.

It was silent, and Nico held his breath.

"Golden apple, reveal to who this man has given his bonded mate for!" Hera shouted, the apple shaking violently. It was seizing for a few minutes before breaking in four pieces.

Each piece was a different color, one was a crimson color, the other grey, then there was a navy blue slice, and finally a pure black slice.

Hera frowned, and Aphrodite held a few tears back.

Hera picked up the crimson piece. "His next of kin is in the womb of Ms. Annabeth Chase." A few gasps cake from the crowd. Nico's hands slowly going to hold Percy's. Their hands not meeting, but their pinkies wrapping around each other.

The crimson slice disintegrated in her hand, and she picked up the grey. "He wishes to be with Nico Di Angelo." Hera paused, "The next of kin jeopardizing this wish." She added, watching as the slice disintegrated (just as the crimson one had).

She shakily picked up the navy blue slice, staring at it, then looking at Aphrodite. "This is yours." Hera spoke softly, watching as Aphrodite gave her announcement. "Nico Di Angelo is to be bonded with Perseus Jackson, decided by Hades, Poseidon, and... the Fates." Her voice got quieter, and the small crowd all looked back at the two.

"Heh?" Percy could only sound, shrugging his shoulders as he attempted trying to focus the attention anywhere but on them. Aphrodite smiled warmly, and watched as the slice melted in her hands. Navy colored liquid dripping down her hand, forearm, and to the floor.

Hera picked up the black slice.

"Finally, another jeopardizing factor, and also punishment from the gods above. We shame you Will Solace, we shame you and punish you for the rape of..." before she could finish, Will snatched the slice from her.

He stuffed it in his mouth without a thought. Swallowing it whole as he tried to avoid the eyes.

"Will Solace." Hera stated, "We are now here to punish you for the sexual assault towards Nico Di Angelo. Merely an hour before you were to be bonded."

Nico grew cold.

No. Nothing happened. It was okay, nothing happened.

He opened his mouth, but only a choked sob escaped his lips. Percy's eyes looked at Nico softly, and a frown graced his lips. His face filled with concern as Nico struggled to talk, his hands started to tremble again.

"Neeks." Percy said, getting his attention.

Nico stared at him with wide eyes, and a quivering lip. Percy slowly held his hand, and they silently left. Leaving Will in the punishment of the gods, and the shame of Camp Halfblood.