23 [In the Lands Even the Gods Won't Go]

Will's journey to Tartarus was spent with the company of glass shards and his own blood. When he hit the floor, every bone in his body felt like it had shattered. He felt like a rag doll.

A groan escaped his lips. His feet were numb and he heard a hissing from his left. His face was planted to the ground. A muffled scream coming from him as his body woke up. The pain was like lemons being squeezed in his eyes, molten lava running through his veins.

It took him hours to get up. Sobs ran through his body. Each movement brought on another wave of pain. His tears burned and evaporated on his skin. The ground beneath him burned.

He got up slowly. Will started to go from a sit-up position. He winced as he felt his joints popping. Glass dug into his palms as he got to his feet.

Glass crunched below his shoes and he turned his head. Blood ran down his ear and trickled down his neck. He lifted his arm, cautiously, to his bloody ear. He pulled it back to find it covered in blood as well as a few of his fingers at odd angles.

Pain ran through him in desperate, hot waves.

He blinked slowly before spotting the first monster. They stared at one another for a moment. Will quickly realized he was left weaponless. With glass digging into his skin, he scrambled to grab something. Anything he could have used as a weapon was fair game.

Well, it was until he was tackled.

His screams echoed through the abyss. Blood spread and seeped into the ground as the beast ripped open his flesh. Will paled as blood loss began to take in. His rib cage was crushed and he wheezed. His skin looked like shredded paper before his soul was yanked from his body.

It was forced back just as the beast ate his leg. His jaws clamping down on his fragile body mercilessly.

Will remained still, his eyes half opened in a pain filled daze. The beast howled as Will's wounds began to glow. Golden light shone through every scratch that littered his skin. The beast dropped his body and galloped away, Will's blood on their face burning away at their skin. The monster's skin flaking off with burnt chunks, Will's blood seemed to work like acid.

The glowing stopped and the smell of death rotted in the air. Will let tears run down his cheeks before he noticed his body reforming. Skin started to heal. Stitching together as his leg started to regrow.

Will couldn't stop screaming.