21 [As Long As We're Together]

"Is Nico alright?" Annabeth questioned as she saw Percy. Percy shook his head, his eyes dull. Annabeth cocked an eyebrow, observing Percy's horrified expression.

"He had a panic attack... Misha took him after that." Percy was quiet as Annabeth looked up at him. "You okay?" She asked after several minutes of pure silence.

Percy shrugged, sitting on a bed. His cabin was still messy, not that either of the demigods cared. "I feel sad that I did that to him, but kind of happy to have some normality right now."

"W-What?" Annabeth couldn't help but laugh. Tears stinging the back of her eyes. Percy did a sad grin.

"You were correct. Just like always, Wise Girl." Annabeth moved to his side. Sighing softly and then starting to chuckle. Her blonde curls spilling over her tan shoulders.

"That all you can think of?" She joked, making Percy snort.

"That or you kissing and then judo flipping me in front of some Romans." Percy laughed at his own joke. His eyes crinkled as he began to smile more. Annabeth felt a deep pain in her chest. She stopped laughing, Percy noticed.

"What's wrong?" His question caused Annabeth to look up. Her grey eyes staring at him with such intensity it shook the son of Poseidon. He leaned his face to her, catching her eyes.

"Annabeth... Wise Girl?"

"I bled. I bled a lot." Percy opened his mouth, but Annabeth interrupted whatever he was mustering the courage to say. "My baby is gone. And all I can think about is you a-and normality." Her voice got higher as she tried not to cry.

"Kiss me. Just kiss me once so I can pretend like everything is okay! Like Nico wasn't raped, like Will wasn't a rapist, l-like we never broke up. I never got pregnant by another dude and tried to pin you as the father because it was the only way I could think to protect myself. Kiss me like we're stupidly in love... Like I'm not as broken as I feel right now..." Annabeth's voice grew quieter. Tears falling down her cheeks as she desperately blinked them back. Her cheeks red as her hands gripped the front of Percy's shirt. Knuckles white as her lips quiver.

"Annabeth-"

Annabeth let out a shaky breath. Her shoulders lurching forward every few seconds or so. "I need to pretend that... that it's normal." Annabeth let a sob come from her mouth. Pulling herself to Percy's chest as she cried.

"Wise Girl, we'll be okay. We always are." Percy soothes the best he could. Hands running themselves through Annabeth's hair as he pressed his nose to her neck.

"As long as we're together." He whispered, "whether platonic or romantic. You've got me."

Annabeth hiccuped, still crying as she pulled away. She kissed Percy's cheek. Breathing jaggedly as sobs bubbled in her chest. Her right hand was placed on the side of Percy's face.

"As long as we're together."