I hate online school. I've been online schooled for almost my whole life. That means I don't have any sort of social life nor social skills.

I've been trying to convince my parents to let me go to a real school but they always telling me about the dangers and this and that. Like I get it, but would it be better for me to experience the real world and learn how to survive instead of always hiding in a shell.

They finally agreed to let me go to a physical school and I was so excited. It was a prestigious school since my parents only wanted the best of the best for me. I didn't care, the important thing was that I was going to go to school and make a ton of friends and everything. I couldn't stop squealing.

The school was starting tomorrow and I couldn't wait. I couldn't even pick an outfit cause of how nervous I was. The only thing I dreaded for school was waking up early. I am not a morning person. I decided I was gonna pick my outfit in the morning.

It was only 8 pm and I was feeling hyper. My parents were out on a date meaning they'd only be back by midnight. I wasn't allowed to go out at night due to me being a girl and all but I needed to let some of this energy out. So I decided to go for a quick jog.

I wore my short black tights and a black baggy t-shirt. I tied my hair in a loose ponytail. I made my way to the door and grabbed my phone and AirPods on the way. I can never jog without music. Is it even possible running without music? I can't even imagine.

(Play music)

The air was chilly and the streets dark. I jogged around the neighborhood and admired the moonlight streets. I jogged for about minutes 20 minutes without any clear destination in mind then I found myself by a park. It was huge.

The trees were close together, which gave the park an eerie sort of feel. I walked around for a bit and swung on the jungle gyms. It's been a while since I felt so free and so at ease. The feeling didn't last when I suddenly felt eyes boring the back of my neck.

I looked back but then I saw nothing. I didn't like this one bit. The atmosphere had drastically changed. I walked in the opposite direction even though I didn't know where I was going. I suddenly heard leaves crushing behind me then I ran into a sprint.

I ran for 10 minutes before I knew I lost him. I looked around and I didn't recognize the area. I almost panicked but then I realized I had a phone, with Google maps. So yeah...I'm fucking stupid.

I took in my surroundings and there was a huge lake in front of me. Opposite the lake was a huge estate. The view was so pretty. I sat down to calm my breath and laid on the soft grass. My nose was turning red from the cold wind and I prayed to God I wouldn't catch a cold.

I sat in silence for a few minutes before I heard a car silently park a few meters from me. I slowly got up from my position and turned my body in the direction of the car. A tall man emerged from the car and his piercing onyx eyes clashed with my light hazel ones. The moonlight reflected on his wavy black hair and tight all-black tuxedo.

He slowly walked towards me up until we were a few inches apart. Didn't he know what personal space was? I would have moved back but I couldn't. It was like I was frozen.

His cold gaze lingered on my face for a few seconds before he spoke.

"What are you doing here...little girl", he asked in a deep velvety octave.

His voice and the way he looked at me made my legs tremble. Not from fear but from a feeling that lay at the pit of my stomach. It was a very foreign feeling.

I looked up at his towering stature before I quickly looked down at my hands. I tried to respond but my voice got stuck.

His hand gripped my face, pushing me to look at him. "I don't like it when people ignore me", a strange smirk formed on his face. "But it's fine, ill forgive you this once."

His finger stroked my cheek tenderly before traveling down to the edge of my lips.

"Did u eat dinner?", he asked curiously.

I shook my head. His smirk faded. "We going to dinner", he stated. I wanted to oppose but I felt that if I said something against his wish that something bad would happen.

He took hold of my hand and carried me towards his car. He took me to an extremely fancy restaurant that I felt way too underdressed to enter. He saw my distress and assured me that my attire didn't matter.

We sat down and he ordered for the both of us. He swirled around his glass of wine while I stared at my glass of water.

"What school do you go to?", he asked.

"It's xxx high. It'll be my first time going to a physical school so I'm very excited", I said whilst a small blush made my way to its face. A look of surprise accompanied by a big smile sat on his face. His smile made him look more perfect. It was like he was crafted by a Greek God.

"Oh? That's interesting." He took a sip of his wine. There was a sudden notification from my phone. I looked at the text and my face immediately fell.

"What's the matter ma belle"

"It's my parents, they going on an emergency business trip for a month, even though they promised to be there with me when school starts", I said. My face was radiating with anger but quickly soothed when the strange man stroked my hand which was resting on the table. I don't know why I was telling this stranger my business. For all, I know he could be a killer. But something told me that he'd never hurt me and that I should trust him.

"Don't worry... I'll take care of you."