じゅ。よん。

Dedicated to Readercat89

So double update!!!😭😭 The support for this book has been out of this world and I just can't thank y'all more enough. We are almost at 10k!! It hasn't even been a month guyzz😭😭 I love y'all so much❤❤

Cory's POV

"Today's Valentine's day, get Ainsley something nice, don't let her be lonely", Adrian instructed us.

"Why do I have to do that?", Taylor argued. "Because I said so", Adrian said clipping his watch.
"Well I don't want to", "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you."

Sometimes I swear Tyler was a ten-year-old stuck in a hormonal teenager's body. That's a lot coming from me. "Yeah sure, we'll just get her flowers and chocolate and stuff", Trevor said. I didn't care. As much as I enjoyed her company a few weeks ago, she was getting too close too fast. I barely knew her, we barely knew her. I've been on the lookout for her at school to see who she is or what she could want. For all, I know she could be a spy from an enemy company but I'm assuming Adrian trusts her. Well, I don't trust her and that's how it is. I haven't seen her except for here and there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all headed to the cafeteria in search of Ainsley. We looked ridiculous carrying bouquets and chocolates with little gifts. I dreaded this. She wasn't anyone important in my eyes so I didn't like all of this. She wasn't anything special. The only thing I wanted from her was her beauty and her body. Nothing more. She was surprised shitless to see us. She was flustered and she started stuttering. "A-are you sure it's ok to you guys to be h-here"

"What kind of question is that bunny? Of course, I mean why would we leave our pet alone", I replied to her question.

She was already doubting our loyalty. Maybe she didn't mean it like that I thought to myself. She is just a pet, after all, pets aren't capable of thinking for themselves. I think I should get her a leash. I mean what's a pet without a leash. Especially an untrained and untamed pet like her.

The week had gone rather quickly and it was already Thursday. I was going 'home' with the rest of the boys. Bryce was driving with Trevor in the passenger's seat and I and Taylor sat at the back.

"Cory do you know what 'pushing up is?", he snickered. I looked at him and smiled. "Yeah it means suck my dick", I said sarcastically.

I brushed him off but he kept bugging me. "What's wrong baby? U hungry?", he asked with fake sincerity.

"You is what's wrong so get the fuck out of my face asshat", I shot at him. I knew how Taylor was like so I knew how much of a kick he was getting from my reactions. He gripped my thigh and I flinched hard. "Don't touch me", I told him grabbing the collar of his shirt.

His hands shot up in surrender and he leaned back in his seat. I could feel Bryce's eyes on me through the mirror but I ignored it. The tension in the car was thickening by the second and no one was gonna do anything about it.

We got home and I ran straight to the kitchen and got out my box of ice cream. I dug into my heart's content and let out a loud satisfying sigh. "Fuck yes..."

I slide down the fridge and sat there in my thoughts. The cold texture of the tiles against my skin and the cold recurring breeze gave me a sense of familiarity. A glimpse of my past. My unfortunate past. The past I tried so hard to forget but I can never remember when it counted the most.

I sat there for what felt like hours, listening to my heart, the breeze, the soft muffled voices, and my breaths.

"Daddy's home kiddo, how was school"

I jumped up and down as my dad put me on the ground.

"It was so fun! We played hide and seek! A-and and we talked about Naruto and we ate chocolate chip cookies and-"

"Ok kiddo hahaha, I see you had a lot of fun! Where's mommy?"

"Mommy? She's upstairs with Tommy", I said matter of factly.

"Tommy? Cory who's Tommy?", he said with slight concern in his voice.

"Tommy is mom's best friend. He always comes here to mom and they watch movies and cuddle and stuff. But they always upstairs."

My dad's face dropped and that's when I knew that I had made a terrible mistake.

Fuck...

Someone cleared their voice interrupting me from my thoughts. Trevor nodded as he went next to me and opened the fridge to pull out a bottle of water. Then he sat down beside me and took a few gulps before he leaned his head against the fridge.

"Are you ok", he asked me. I've lived with him for a long time now but I can never get used to his voice. It had an echo but it was soft yet gruff.

I gave him a forced smile. "Yeah I'm fine, it's all rainbows and unicorns on my side, thanks for asking."

His eyes looked up from his hands and smashed with mine. "Did you take your pills", "God seriously can everyone stop asking me that! Did I go to my therapist? Did I take my meds? Fuck I'm fine! Stop asking me that!", I exclaimed as I walked off.

God, I was so tired of hearing the same thing over and over again like give it a rest. Fuck my parents, fuck Trevor and fuck everything.

The house was silent and I heard someone call for me but I ignored it. I ran out of the house and jumped into one of the cars. Luckily the driver was still on call.

"Take me to Ainsley's house. Now!"

"Yes young master", he said then he drove off.

I wasn't thinking straight at the moment. I just needed someone...anyone other than the boys cause I have tried so many times to confide in them but they never listen, they never understand. I don't know why I wanted to see Ainsley but all I knew is that that's what I wanted.

When the car came at an abrupt stop I hopped off the car and noticed that my breaths were hitching and my cheeks were tear-stained. I rubbed my cheeks and eyes out before I knocked on the door and knocked again up until someone opened it. Ainsley. She was wearing an oversized sweater with tights and I couldn't even admire her any longer cause I could feel the tears threatening to fall off even more.

"Hey", I said with a forced smile. "Mind if I come in", I croaked out. A look of concern flushed her face as she led me inside. I settled on the couch and took in my surroundings for a bit but looked away not a minute longer.

"Cory are you ok?", she asked hovering above my seated figure. Was I ok? I don't think I was. I had simply come to Ainsley for no apparent reason so I don't think I was. I enclosed her fingers with mine then pushed her on my lap. All I knew I needed at the moment was comfort. Emotional support. That's what pets are for is it not? I cuddled her and leaned my head on the crease of her neck. It was so warm, so safe. Then the waterfall of tears I had tried to keep tame finally escaped. I was in pain and I didn't know what to do. God, I'm so useless.

My breaths were jagged and my whole body was shivering. My grip on my hips was getting tighter so she reciprocated that action. Then I let out a painful sob and my face scrunched up. I was not a beautiful crier. Tears fell on the back of my neck and that's when I realized she was also crying. Now we were both crying. I dunno why she was crying but her crying lifted a weight I didn't know I carried. I had felt a feeling a hadn't felt in a long time. Emotional security. The one feeling I could have not get nor buy was now in my hands. And I knew that I was never gonna let it go.