24 - にじゅよん

¶ a week later¶

"Welcome back Ainsley", a wrinkled lady wearing framed glasses said. She was sitting behind a desk with a gold plate pinned on the table frame written "Principal".

"It's good to be back even though i don't remember much", I said. Mrs Cooper sorted out my files and led me to my first period. Since my 'accident' had happened in school grounds. The school paid for the rest of my senior year as compensation.

We walked towards my first period and I stood outside the class as the principal walked in. A few minutes later she called me in class. My heart was pounding hard against my cavities. My hands were sweaty. I didn't know why I was so nervous.

All. Eyes.were.on.me

Some peoples faces twisted in recognition and most in shock. I just stood there with a blank face. My teacher gave me my timetable and my seating position.

I sat at the front but next to the window. My eyes took in this 'new' environment. It was homeroom period so there was nothing to do really. My classmates didn't attempt to talk to me and I didn't really want them to. I was listening to music and spacing out when I felt the door open.

Three guys walked in carrying stacks of books. What captured my attention more was how I recognised one of them from the cafe and two of them looked or so to say felt familiar.

One had slicked back brown hair with dark chocolate eyes and fair skin. His body had to be his ace card. He was tall and fit. He could be a model for all I knew. Then the other one had dark skin with a bush of messy curls and his pink lips were puckered out. He was also tall but not taller than him. He was really handsome.

And last but not least the boy from the cafe. I still hadn't learnt his name cause I haven't texted him yet. I haven't had the time to since I've been really busy trying to get my life together and remember things.

They walked towards the teacher who instructed them to drop the books at the back. The girls were oogling and making weird sounds. My heart was beating fast.

I dunno why. Maybe I was scared?

But why would I be scared. I don't know them.

One of the saw me and his face stiffened. It was the dark skinned one. He quickly looked away and put the books down as the rest followed. 

The boy from the cafe was conversing with the brown haired one and they seemed to be in a good mood. I went back to spacing out and I laid on my head on my arms in deep thought.

I'm scared. Scared that there might be crucial things in my life that I dont remember. Crucial things that I'm suppose to know. But I'd have to accept that I will never relive my old life again and accept the misfortune that has become of me.

I actually do look forward to enjoying my life. It's too short to waste. I beamed a little at my revelation and couldn't help but squirm. My eyes had soon become droopy and sleep had taken over.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Trevor's POV

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She was here. I couldn't really figure out if this was a good thing or a bad thing. Bryce and Cory didn't seem to have noticed her yet. I should be extra careful.

Especially with Bryce.

He had only recently left the psych ward and he was still sensitive. Seeing Ainsley so soon would no doubt trigger him.

We stayed longer at the back of her classroom packing books. I kept stealing glances from her and watched her sleep.

"Earth to Trevor!", Bryce said.

"You're packing the books wrong. Are you even listening ?"

"Oh sorry",I smiled. "Just thinking about something."

"Oki~ let's go ", Cory said to us.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be with you guys in a sec", and just on time the bell rang for recess.

People walked out of class and before I knew it . I was left alone with sleeping beauty. As much as I wanted to wake her up I couldn't.

"Mr Lansky?" , the teacher called out.

I gave him a reassuring nod then he left. I sat next to her and instead of immediately waking her up. I played with her hair. It's something I liked doing whenever she was around.

Whether she was conscious of it or not I touched her hair. It was the biggest kind of affection I could give my partner's. It's not a sexual act but nor a sleezy one. It was just a genuine act of affection and love.

I wished everything had worked out. Maybe life would be a bit better not that I'm complaining.

But because I've felt how it is to lose her. I'm never gonna leave her. Whether she knows it or not. But I'll always be watching her. I do hope everything gets better though. For the both of us...no for all of us.

No one has suffered more that Adrian. He had taken te biggest toll and also the biggest burden.

I woke her up and she numbered in complaint before she fully woke up. Her soft blue eyes clashed with my dark brown ones and we held eyes.

"Hi?", She said.

I didn't know what to say so I walked out of the classroom leaving her completely confused.

I was ... embarrassed. Embarrassed that I let something like that happen to her. I was scared of her remembering me. What if she remembered everything and what if she hated me? I can never forgive myself but I couldn't bear the thought of her never forgiving me.

For now I would just have to learn to live like the way we lived before we met her .

I... We would have to learn to live without her...

______________________________________
Follow me on IG💯: @mel.kive

WOW!😭😭IM exhausted.

I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't have writers block😭it's a pandemic I'm telling you😤

Sooooooooo good news

WE ALMOST AT 200K VIEWS AND 3K VOTES😭😭😭❤️✨❤️❤️

YALL ARE LEGIT THE BEST 😭😤😤💯💯

Now the bad news ...for yall anyway 😭😭😭

THE LAST chapter of I'm theirs is chapter 25 and I promise that I'll make it breathtaking 😭😭.

I'm sure y'all have been wanting to find out how this book is gonna end and welll so have I😭😭

When I wrote this book no end game was made Soooo I'll leave it to my imagination. But NB there will be a huge time skip.

Well not huge but hmmm. And if I'm not satisfied we'll have a part 2 yeah?