23- ニじゅさん

¶current time¶

Ainsley's POV

"Well this is where I say goodbye", the doctor said. He had dropped me off to the house I had apparently lived in. It was nice of him.

"Thank you for everything", I said as I took the last of my bags from his car.

"Always a pleasure. I'd love of we would meet up for a drink here and there."

The request made me feel awkward but I agreed. I made my way to my house and it felt really empty. The walls were white and the furniture was plain.

I walked upstairs and checked all the rooms till I saw one that captured my eyes. It had posters everywhere and a cute little bed on the far left. There was a white fluffy mat on the center. I had left my bags and threw myself on it. It was so comfortable. So soft.

It gave me a feeling of nostalgia so I had assumed this was my room. I took the bags I had and unpacked them in my closet.

My stomach rumbled creating an echo across the walls of my room. Then my face heated up.

I didn't eat breakfast so that must be why. I decide to take a walk across my street and maybe find a little cafe. Maybe it would help bring back some of my lost memories.

I changed into a thin long-sleeved crop top and a short pleated white skirt. Then I wore some sandals. I ties my hair into a ponytail and went on my way. The weather was nice today. The sun was radiant and the sky was clear of any clouds.

The streets were empty but my excitement did not make me feel lonely.
My heart started to flutter as i quickened my pace page and before I knew it i was running.  My hair was carried by the air ,i felt like I was flying.

Before I knew it I saw a small mall up ahead and slowed down. My chest hurt. I've been in a coma for 2 months so being unfit was a given.

I walked through the entrance and looked around. A little brown cafe had caught my attention. I walked in and the smell of coffee and sweets had filled my nostrils. I looked at the treats displayed at the counter and my tummy had rumbled. I ordered a giant chocolate chip muffin with a chocolatey centre and an americano with no sugar. I had to balance my things.

Minutes passed with me nibbling on my food while going through my phone. I went through the pictures and saw myself with many different people of whom I didn't recognize. I knew that the people I was with the most were my deceased parents.

"Can I get you anything else?"A voice said behind me.

I whipped my head to face the woman who had served me my food earlier.

"No thank You, I'm okay", I said with a smile.

I continued to go through my gallery. Then the cafe bell rang indicating someone just entered. I looked up and saw a boy with dark hair and blue eyes. His fringe covered his eyes and he was wearing a white t-shirt and faded jeans.

He didn't notice me at first but his gaze eventually laid on me. I broke the eye contact from embarrassment. I couldn't help but think on how familiar this boy felt.

It's like I've seen him before but I can't remember. The memory is hidden at the back of my mind.

His eyes raised in shock but that was replaced with a small frown as he walked towards my direction. I suddenly felt naked and bare. Goosebumps developed at the back of my neck.

I broke the eye contact and tried to distract myself with my phone but it proved useless.

The strange boy stopped infront of my table. I looked up again and he looked straight at me.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked with a little smile.

I was hesitant at first but I agreed eventually. He made himself comfortable and faced me.

"How come I've never seen you here before?"

"I-"

I didn't want to tell a stranger that I just happen to get into an accident and lost my memories.

That'd be just weird I mean come on.

So I lied.

"I just moved here from Atlanta",I said taking a sip of my hot chocolate which was starting to get cold.

He looked at me with a bit of amusement lingering in his eyes.

"Sure...if you say so",he said lowly. Almost as if speaking to himself. Then as if on cue his phone vibrated from his hand. He picked it up and I could feel the aura change. His warmth had been replaced by a feeling of dread and tiredness. He dropped the call after a few seconds of  "hmm's" and "uh-huhs"

I watched him get up from the chair and he brushed off the creased on his shirt with his hand.

"It looks like I may have over stayed my visit but I'd like us to meet sooner or later. Maybe get to know each other.

Is that okay with you? "He said with a warm smile. Its hard to say no to him. Especially with the look he was giving me right now.

"Sure " ,I said.

He took out a piece of paper and write something down and walked out of the cafe without looking back.

I looked at the piece of paper and it wrote :

Text me

+*****72**6

I looked around trying to make sure that no one saw my drastic change in complexion. I could feel my heart pounding through my chest cavities.  I wasn't sure what to call this.

My body seemed to be familiar with this feeling as my mind didn't feel heavy in curiosity and confusion. But my subconscious was left unanswered.

____________________________________________________________________________

Heyy❤ I hope you enjoyed this chapter😂😭😭

And just do you know I posted this chapter just cause it's my birthday today👁👄👁 I'm like so old😫 a decade and 7 years is a lot of work tbh😭😭😭

I'll post another chapter when this chapter gets 50 votes. But my readers can do better sooo😭😭yess
❤️

Stay safe and love y'all 😂