25-にじゅご

6 years later...

"I'm leaving! I'll see you later!"

"Babe wait-! Your lunch", Mark said with a smirk.

Mark has been my boyfriend for almost five years. We started living together almost a year ago.

We met at a lecture and from then we clicked. I told him about the incident that happened in my last year of high school and he's been nothing but supportive all the way. I still haven't recovered my memories and I've made peace with it.

Mark kissed me on the cheek and walked me down to my car. A big grin slide on his face.

"Are you ready?"

My heart was thinking in anxiety and anticipation.

"The interview? I'll try my best", I said letting out an awkward smile.

"Don't worry babe. You got this!", He said giving me a big hug. I got into my car and drove to the company of my dreams. Its cause it was the best company when it came to IT and computers. It took me a while to get there. After half an hour I had arrived at my destination.

It was a large building with two words on the front in bold.

S.C

I walked in and was greeted with bright white walls filled with beautiful. This place smelled of money. I walked forwards up until I reached the secretaries desk.

"What can I help you with", the lady behind the desk asked in a bored voice.

She had laid curly black hair and her glasses laid at the tip of her nose. She looked like she should be a model agency than behind a desk.

"Hi ,I'm Ainsley Quinn. I'm here for the job interview."

She looked up and I was left in awe. Her eyes were green. She was beautiful. The way they clashed with her dark skin was mesmerizing.

"Ainsley....", She said as she tapped on her laptop. After a few minutes she informed me that I'd have to wait a bit longer because the CEO was currently in a meeting and would be with me shortly.

She guided me to the waiting room and I made myself comfortable. I took a sip of coffee I had in my retainer. I wonder how this interview would go. I was so anxious. Mark had recently lost his job and with both of us being unemployed, things were not looking good.

I bit on my fingers as i waited. The seconds felt like minutes and the minutes felt like hours. I was about to lose hope of this interview even occuring up until the secretary had made her way towards me. She informed me that the meeting was over and I followed her. This building was really white. Almost empty. The only thing giving it life was the light reflecting on the glass ceilings. We went into the elevator and stood in thick silence. When we arrived at the top floor, a giant door stood at the end of the hallway.

She asked me to stand outside for a bit as she let herself in what I was assuming the CEO's office. After a few seconds she appeared again.

"Good luck with your interview Ms Quinn", she said as she went towards the elevator.

After a few calming breaths i let myself in. I looked down cause I was too scared. But I pulled myself together and looked up. The office was huge. As big as my apartment. The was art on the walls and the thing that made this office truly pop was the blood red rug in the centre.

"Please take a seat", a voice said. I looked around and saw no one. I looked in the direction I had heard the voice and realised it was by the desk. The person was sitting on their leather office chair but was faced towards the large view through the glass do I could not see who it was .