じゅえ。ろく

Ainsley POV

What should I wear? Omg, I'm so scared. What if I'm too underdressed or too overdressed? I went through my closet in search of an item that will ease my soul.

I settled on a short satin dress that settles mid-thigh and some black platform boots.

I checked the time and it was already 3 pm. I did my makeup and I went to the kitchen for a glass of water. I rushed down the stair with my phone and one thing led to the other. The platform of my boots caused me to trip on myself the moment I landed on the last stair and my phone flew out of my hands.

"Oh shit", my heart dropped. I pushed myself up on my feet and rushed towards my phone. There was a large gash across the screen and half of the screen was covered in ink. My life was over! My phone was gone!! Gone!!

Then it suddenly vibrated and I could slightly make out who it was.

Adrian.

He was calling me. Oh shit, I panicked trying to swipe right but my phone wasn't having it. The screen was frozen. Oh shit. The phone rang and rang, up until my screen completely backed out. I kept pressing the switch on the button but it did me no mercy.

I was lucky I knew the address of the party by head because I would have cried myself to sleep otherwise. It was clear that I would have my phone on me tonight but it was fine, I could always improvise. I carried my fit bit and started heading out. I had called out an Uber a few minutes ago so I was sorted. I was determined to make this the best day of my high school life! God was I excited. Not Adrian excited but a different kind of excited. Like my ears were buzzing as if bees resided in my head and I couldn't sit still.

I had told the driver the location and I sat there quietly enjoying the ride. The trees passed by me and the wind just as fast. My heart fluttered lightly and for the first time in a long time, I let my face ease into a soft smile. It felt good, being out there. Being free you could say.

The loud music could be heard from a mile away. As we got closer the buzz of people talking and laughing followed. The Uber stopped in front of a big black gate and the house behind it left me speechless. It wasn't as big as Adrian's but that didn't make it less magnificent.

The creme castle stood surrounded by the greens of mother nature. It was so gorgeous. I walked out of the car and the cool breeze blew through my bare shoulders making me shiver.

I stood in front of the gate then it was opened by a security guard. I walked through the garden as made my way to the giant two-headed door and let myself in.

My ears were blazed with music and teenage bodies grinding against each other. I walked through the crowd into a space with fewer people and stood there aimlessly. I could feel eyes on me but I refused to look at them.

Then a certain curly-headed dark-skinned girl came into view wearing a lavender sexy bra top with matching bootleg pants and a cute pair of high heels.

When she caught my eye, her eyes widened in slight mischief which was quickly clouded by a huge smile.

"Hi! Omg, you look so beautiful", she said pulling me into a tight hug.

"You too", I said back sweetly.

"Do you want some punch?"

Before I could answer she pulled her wrist to another room which I assumed was the kitchen. She mixed a few drinks before she put the red cup in my hands. "Here drink ", she said taking a shot of something.

I put my nose over the drink and my nostrils burnt instantly. My face twisted in disgust before looking at her skeptically. "What's this?", I asked curiously. "What do you mean? Are you telling me you've never had alcohol before?", she threw her hands dramatically in the air. "Girl where have you been? Just chug that whole cup and ill show you how to live", she said excitedly.

Fuck it I thought as I downed the whole cup in one go and ignored the acidic burn in my throat. She handed me another one and before I knew it I was on my fifth cup.

"Attention ladies and horny men!!", the girl whose name I still had yet to learn announced.

"Let's play a game..", The crowd roared in agreement. "Shhh... This will be a group game. You will go into the forest at the back of the yard and find a flag. The person who finds the flag first will win 5000 dollars."

The crowd roared even louder. Where did they even get this kind of cash? I get that they are rich but isn't there any better way of spending their money instead of wasting it on dumb teenagers.

"But there's a catch. The flag...is a person. You have two minutes to choose a partner and if you haven't by that time frame. You are the flag. Let's note that the flag can also win if she doesn't get herself caught. The game will last thirty minutes.

And start picking your partners!" Oh shit. People were moving up and down and I didn't know what to do. I tried asking people to partner up with me but they just shoved me or pushed me aside. I felt completely hopeless. Is this what parties felt like? Bullshit...

I was also starting to feel a bit tipsy but I held my ground.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Times up everyone! Now, who hasn't been paired up yet?"

I looked around and everyone was paired up with someone. My heart dropped down to my stomach. I hesitantly lifted my hand and locked eyes with the girl.

A prominent grin soon set on her face. "The flag is Ainsley everybody, you have thirty minutes to find her. Ainsley, you can hide where ever you like and remember. The flag can escape so try your best."

I could feel the hungry eyes resting on me and a huge lump grew on my throat. "Ainsley you have 30 seconds to hide and that's in 3...2...1!"

I ran for dear life. I ran through the backdoor in the kitchen and when I was halfway through the garden I heard a loud honk indicating that the chase was on. I could hear the loud stamp approaching me and my heart quickened. I ran and ran and tripped over my feet more than a few times. Tears formed in my eyes and my heart quickened. My adrenaline pumped through my veins after each step I took. I loved this feeling. It was so...thrilling.