Chapter 1| First Meeting

--: Chapter 1| First Meeting :--

"Yakiniku set. Without the yakiniku," a black-haired boy says.

"Ah, could I have the same as well? With the yakiniku, of course," a boy with glasses next to him responds as well.

The other students behind the two look at them weirdly, specifically the one that requested the yakiniku set without the meat in it. After a bit, the lunch lady granted them their food and they two grabbed their trays and walked off.

These two boys were named Uesegi Fuutarou and Y/N L/N. One student was known as the top student in the entire school while the other was kind of a dumbass.

As the two walked around through their school's canteen, they could hear the murmurings of the other students.

"Uesugi-kun and L/N-kun are alone, huh?"

"No way.~"

"Hmph. These people don't know how wonderful it is to be alone. Right, Y/N?"

"I-I suppose so," the boy next to Fuutarou meekly responds.

"Well, not like those fools have anything to do with my life. Everything's going to be alright!"

Fuutarou chuckled to himself as the two went on their merry way to find a table

Fuutarou chuckled to himself as the two went on their merry way to find a table. Finding their usual spot, both Fuutarou and Y/N place their trays down, only for a third tray to show up.

The two were puzzled as to who this tray belonged to, so they looked up. They soon find that the tray belonged to a red-haired girl with blue eyes, a distinct feature of a star pin in her hair. Fuutarou's eyes then wandered to her clothing.

'Who? It's not our school uniform... Oh, well.' Fuutarou thought.

Minding his own business, Fuutarou began to pull out the chair to the table so he could sit down. He only stopped because the red-haired girl had spoke up.

"U-Um! I got here first, that seat is empty, so could you two please move over there?" The girl says.

"We've always sat on this exact spot every day, if anyone's moving, it's you," Fuutarou retaliates.

The girl only grew angrier. "That has nothing to do with this. First come, first serve."

"Now, now, let's calm down," Y/N says, trying to diffuse the situation. "Hey, Uesugi-san, come on, let's sit over there. Okay?"

"See? Even your friend agrees with me. Now, move along," the girl quickly follows up. '...Eh? When did he get here?'

Fuutarou looks at Y/N with an annoyed look. "I'm not giving up this seat. I'll sit on it first! It's my seat now!"

"Wai--"

Before the girl could even utter another word out to protest, Fuutarou sat down in the chair with a triumphant grin. The girl only growled with annoyance as she took the seat in front of Fuutarou and sat down, making Fuutarou look at her in surprise.