Chapter 14| Confused Feelings

Yo, I'm back after having not posted anything for this book for quite a bit. Had run in quite a problem as the first initial scenario I had planned out for this chapter was honestly not cutting for me so I ended up scrapping it and went with something else.

And so here is the finished project and I hope you all enjoy it. Also, I decided to skip the day two sections of the manga because that is mostly building up on Ichika's and Fuutarou's relationship and there really wouldn't have been anything for me to write for that part. So I proceeded to the day three stuff instead, of which I had also omitted certain scenes as I had really of no way to fit it in to my depiction of the story. Anyway, enough of me. I hope you all enjoy.

---

The air around them was cold. Though it shouldn't be a surprise, it was around Winter time. However, she couldn't help but feel a certain warmth flare up in her cheeks, her bright blue eyes staring down at the boy below her.

Her hands were on his chest, their faces so close that their lips were just merely inches apart. Her breath was slow, but heavy, unsure of what to do in current predicament. The boy below her began to slowly groan as he slightly lift his head up as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Owie..." Y/N said, soon feeling the girl's body on him. "Are you okay, Nakano-san..."

His voice trailed off as he opened his eyes, at a loss for words. Yes, he realizes the situation he's in, but that's not the reason why he was at a loss for words. He stared up at her, her pearl pink hair being illuminated in the moonlight that shined down on them, not being obstructed by the trees overhead. Her blue eyes matched well with night sky, a blush soon coming to his face as he could feel her breath on him, unable to let out any words from his mouth.

They were close. So close.

--: Chapter 14| Confused Feelings :--

It had been minutes, hours, they weren't sure how much time had passed it's been since they've been lying on the ground, with Itsuki still on top of the boy. The two struggled for words to be uttered out, keeping up this awkward atmosphere that had occurred.

"Um... I..." Itsuki quietly says.

Y/N looked away, "Um, Nakano-san..."

"Y-Yes...?"

"D-Do you... Do you think you can get off now? You're kinda crushing me," he said. He was losing his breath at this point as Itsuki continued to lay on him.

Now frantically freaking out, Itsuki quickly got off of him and apologized to the L/N teen. However, Y/N just denied it, an awkward silence once again occurs between the two. They seemed to forget that they were both still in the middle of the Test of Courage, briefly forgetting about it due to the uncanny situation they were in.

Y/N then scratched his cheek. "Well... We should probably get out of here, Nakano-san."

"Y-Yeah..." She stuttered.

"F-Follow me! I-I think I know!"

"W-Wait!"

The L/N teen then jumped in surprise, letting out a small shriek at the fact that Itsuki had suddenly grabbed his hand. He turned around, letting out a small gasp as he sees her expression. Tears were at the ends of her beautiful blue eyes, using a finger of hers to wipe some away as she held a scared expression. But looking deep into those eyes of her, he could see that she found relief. Relief that he was there with her.

"D-Don't... Don't leave me by myself... Please," she had asked quietly.

"S-Sure..." Y/N responded, soon growing quiet. He then cleared his throat. "Th-Then... Stick close to me. Okay, Nakano-san?"