Chapter 17| Stay With Me

Itsuki Nakano coughed as she groaned, waking up as her eyes lazily begin to open up. A few days had passed since Y/N's initial sick day, the glasses wearing teen showing up the next day like nothing happened. Though his cheery mood that he had when he walked in that morning had dampened as time went on throughout the day.

During lunch, he noted that Itsuki and Nino were avoiding each other completely. He knew something was up, and every time he tried to ask the Nakano girl, she'd either ignore him or just brush it off and say it was nothing. Fortunately, he got a more straight answers from her siblings. While she could see both points in how they were wrong, he concluded that they shouldn't even be fighting in the first place. His answers being that they were siblings and siblings should always make up with each other. If only it were that simple and due to how stubborn the two girls were, it'd be a long shot, really.

But there was enough of that. Itsuki was still staying over at the Uesugi's residence for the time being until the rift between her sister had healed, that's if it would ever. She would have had asked the L/N teen if she could say at his place, but she never asked him (also forgetting the fact that she has his number that she could ask that way), leaving her only option to be in the care of her tutor for the week. So far, everything had been fine, but she began to feel unwell a little after her little visit of Y/N's apartment.

So when she arrived into the living room to sit down and eat breakfast, having changed into her school attire as well, the three Uesugi family members knew something was up. So, albeit begrudgingly, they were able to take Itsuki's temperature. And well...

"Whoa! That's a really high fever, Itsuki nee-chan!" Raiha exclaimed while she held the thermometer.

Fuutarou squints. "Yeah... With a fever like that, you won't be heading into school.

Itsuki only groans. Her temperature was 101.7° F.

"Aah! Dad's already gone to work! What'll we do!?"

"Calm down, Raiha."

Itsuki coughed whilst covering her mouth. 'Because I visited L/N-kun a few days ago...? That can't be it... A cold... Only fools catch colds.'

That's the thing. ...She is a fool.

She begins to grab her school items, only for Raiha to yell and Fuutarou to grab her shoulder. She turned her head around, albeit looking lazily while he sternly looked at her.

"Where are you going, Itsuki?"

"School," she monotonously replied."

"With that fever!?" Raiha exclaimed.

"That's not it. Only fools catch colds. So I don't have one. I'm going to school."

A tick mark appears on Fuutarou's head. 'But you are one, idiot.'

"You do so have one!" Raiha says, snatching her bag out of her hands.

She began to protest, but Raiha just kept pushing the girl into the other room where her futon lay. Once she was shoved back into bed, Raiha held a look of desperation.

"Hey, Raiha-chan," Itsuki weakly calls out.

"Just stay home from school today and sleep," Fuutarou simply says.

"Itsuki nee-chan, we're going to go, but don't die, okay!?"

Itsuki ultimately relents and sighs, "I won't die...  Have a good day..."

"See you later! Come on, Onii-chan!"

"H-Hey! R-Raiha, stop pushing...!"

The two Uesugi siblings leave. She was now left alone in the room by herself... She felt alone. Itsuki then looked to the clock in the room that was perched on the wall.