Chapter 19| The Final Exam - Itsuki's Side

So, I came up with a decision and I decided I would skip the Christmas section of the manga and continue on with the others arriving at the time of the final exams. So, during this time, Y/N was basically too busy to attend any events or stuff that the quints would be doing over on Christmas, as he is helping around his parent's shop and stuff.

So now, this chapter will be the final exam chapter with the next chapter being them moving on to third years. This is what I thought was the best course of action to do, so I hope you all understand. I had originally intended for this chapter to be a bit longer as I had planned to put in the Yotsuba's side chapter into this one, but figured it would interfere with the character building and relationship building between Yotsuba herself and Fuutarou, so I decided to omit it and instead just keep the Itsuki's Side chapter in this one. In any case, here is the chapter. I thank you for the long way and I hope you enjoy it.

---

The familiar glasses wearing teen, Y/N L/N, was humming to himself as he carried a small box in his hand as he made his way to the Nakano quintuplets new apartment. A lot of things had happened in the past few weeks, Fuutarou abruptly ending his tutoring career, though he didn't receive much details of it, but he ended up finding a new job at a rival cake store. 

He's been to that store tons of times and the cake clerk was fairly kind, only sometimes scowling at him because of his parent's store having a higher rating than his. But either way, he was making his way down the block, holding the cake in the box. One that he had prepared himself. He had ended his shift a bit early so he could head to their new apartment and gift it to them before heading back to continue work.

"I hope this will serve as an apology to them for not coming by a lot," the L/N teen murmured to himself, bringing his scarf up to cover his mouth. "And I guess it can be an apology to Nakano-san... Yotsuba-san did say she was a bit lonely during Christmas..."

As he continued walking along the block, eventually about to pass the mall, he looked at the entrance. Christmas had already passed and there were only a few days left before going back to school. But the thought of missing their Christmas at their house, he had totally forgotten to buy them presents. Just before he could make a decision, he sees a familiar girl with star pins, just now exiting the entrance, holding onto a paper bag. Presumably presents.

Y/N's eyes light up upon seeing her. He raises his hand and was about to open his mouth.

"Nakano--"

However, he couldn't finish his sentence. He paused right in his spot.

Soon, a man with very pale skin, almost as white as snow had walked up to her. He sported slick black hair, which almost shined because of the surrounding lights around them, and he seemed like a professional, even sporting a very fancy suit. Y/N looked puzzled, confused, and... Jealous, even? He wasn't sure why he was feeling irritated on the inside, but he slowly lowered his hand down as his mouth was slightly agape.

"...Nakano-san...?"

--: Chapter 19| The Final Exam - Itsuki's Side :--

"You may now begin your exam."

The teacher had spoken. A few more weeks had passed and it had finally arrived, the final exam. Now was the time for them to show the fruits of their results of studying. To see if they will finally pass.

In Y/N's, Itsuki's, and Fuutarou's classroom, the two boys had quickly begun. But as for Itsuki, she was hesitating a little bit. A bit of sweat pooled down her face as she tightly clutched her pencil, remembering her father's words. The agreement they had made.