Chapter 7| Confessions... Sort Of

Itsuki Nakano was the first to wake up among her siblings. Getting in the bath and taking a shower to get ready for the day, she went back to her room and put on her school uniform. Afterwards, she descended down the stairs and entered the living room of their apartment, heading into the kitchen to grab a small breakfast.

She ate by herself at the dining table, her head turned towards the window. Itsuki then looked to her phone's clock. The time showed around 7:00 AM. She had waken up a bit more earlier than usual.

'I've been waking up more earlier than usual... Now my sleep schedule is all messed up. I guess I'll kill some time here," Itsuki thought, the red-haired girl continuing to eat her breakfast, which was some cereal.

As she ate her food, her eyes begin to slowly close and open. When she closed them one last time, she opened them, Itsuki choking on her food as her older sister, Ichika had suddenly appeared right in front of her.

The pink-haired girl had a closed-eyed smile while she rested her head onto her hands, her elbows propped up onto the table.

"I-Ichika!?"

"Hey," Ichika cheerfully greets. "You seem to be up earlier than usual."

"Y-Yeah. I'm not sure why," Itsuki says with an awkward giggle.

The two were then silent.

Ichika then turned her head to the window next to them

Ichika then turned her head to the window next to them. "...Say. L/N-kun is pretty cool, isn't he?"

"Eh... Really?" Itsuki rose an eyebrow.

Up until now, Itsuki saw Y/N as a very shy person, and one who overreacts way too much. Plus, he's kind of an idiot. Ichika resumed her attention to her younger sister.

"I have to ask, Itsuki. Is L/N-kun your boyfriend?"

Itsuki abruptly slammed her hands on the table, standing up. "N-No! That's not..."

"So that's not how it is..." Ichika hummed. "I thought for sure you were though... Then, is it okay that I take him?"

"...Ha...? Take... Him?"

"You're not going out, right? So if L/N-kun and I get along, it doesn't matter to you, right?"

Itsuki began to shuffle in her seat. "...Th-That's, well."

"Right? Then I'm going to take L/N-kun!" Ichika says with a smile.

A flash occurred in Itsuki's mind. Just the thought of her older sister and Y/N talking to each other, and getting along greatly really well bothered her. Bothered her to a high degree, in fact. For some reason, she just couldn't seem to accept that if it ever happened.

"You can't," Itsuki says, glaring at her sister. "You can't. I won't give him to you."

'Oh? Interesting... Then...' "Eh... But you and L/N-kun are just friends, right?"