Chapter 8| Just Another Day

"I like you

"I like you..." Itsuki said.

Y/N stared at her for a couple of moments, processing her words into his brain. It wasn't long until Itsuki realized what she said, now blushing.

"Hands! I mean your hands! You have very beautiful hands, L/N-kun..." She quickly changes her answer.

"Oh..." Y/N chuckled, "I also like your hands."

"...Really?" Itsuki was shy.

"Yeah. ...I like them."

He wasn't sure why that was his response. It had already been about a day since that happened, Y/N finding himself in his room, tapping his pencil onto his notebook. He was supposed to be studying for the upcoming mid-terms, as per what Fuutarou requested, but he couldn't seem to be focusing on studying. He was too busy thinking about the last interaction with the Nakano girl.

The graphite of his pencil then touches the paper of the notebook. A picture of Itsuki appears in his mind, writing down the words of, "I like you." He then stopped, lifting the pencil off the notebook.

"...Nakano-san said she likes me." Y/N begins to ponder on her response some more. 'She meant my hands...or me? But it was impossible for her to like me. ...Nakano-san must be kidding. She was just making fun of me.'

Meanwhile, Itsuki was staring at something in her desk's drawer. It was a piece of paper that held his full name. "Y/N L/N," it read. Weeks prior to currently, Itsuki had gotten on a whole fritz, wondering what Y/N's first name was. And once she did find out, she said it for the first time in front of him, finding it strange, which only caused him to laugh at her and end up being slapped by her. 

She continued to stare at it before she picked it up, but she didn't crumple it in her hand.

'I thought I threw it away,' Itsuki thought. 'But it is still here.'

--: Chapter 8| Just Another Day :--

It was currently PE class at school, Itsuki's, Y/N's, and Fuutarou's class were gathered in the gym. The girls were currently watching the boys playing basketball, two girls standing next to each other as they were talking amongst themselves.

"Hey, Nakano-san still hasn't arrived?"

"Yeah. She hasn't shown up since the first class."

"Never thought Nakano-san would also be absent from class," the first girl says.

The second girl then responded, "Yeah. And it's a rare opportunity to see boys playing basketball."

Y/N was a bit nearby, listening in on the conversation. However, because of this, he wasn't aware of Fuutarou calling out to him.

"Y/N! Watch out for the ball!" Fuutarou yells at the glasses wearing teen.

By the time he noticed the ball coming towards him, it already made contact with his face. In a daze, Y/N groaned in pain as he held his nose, Fuutarou and a boy with slicked-back brown hair came running to him to make sure he was okay.