Chapter 5| Game Center Shenanigans

This little section from Horimiya comes in much later, around Volume 2: Chapter 10. But I thought it would be fitting to put it in this chapter, and a bit earlier on.

Anyway, you don't have to listen to my little ramblings here. Go on and read the chapter.

...Had no idea what to title this chapter. :p

---

It was grade school for the young Y/N L/N, the young boy was standing at the back of his class

It was grade school for the young Y/N L/N, the young boy was standing at the back of his class. His teacher had wandered in and called for her students to come up to her.

"Listen, class. When we go outside, form pairs and hold hands, okay?"

The other students began to go to each other and form pairs.

"Hey, hey! Let's form a pair!"

"Yeah, let's be together."

"It looks like everyone's decided," she said before looking to the back of the room. "...Oh? Are you alone, L/N-kun?"

Y/N only nodded shyly. "Yes..."

"That's because L/N is dark..." One student says.

Another one then says something. "He's weird."

"He's darrrrk!" Another one follows up.

Fast forward to a much older Y/N in junior high, he sat in front of his mirror. He then looked down at his hand, holding a safety pin. Unclipping it, he lifted it up to his ear and punctures the skin in his earlobe, making him grunt in pain. 

Y/N then stood up and stared at himself in the mirror, letting go of the safety pin and seeing his ear. His earlobe was covered with blood, dripping onto the floor.

"L/N... Huh..." One student says.

In Y/N's junior high class, some students were gathered to the side and bunched up together. They seemed to be murmuring things about him as Y/N sat in a chair on the other side of the room, his eyes dull as he could hear everything.

"He's not a bad guy, but he's a bit dark..."

A girl then spoke up, "His hair... Even though he's a guy, he let it grow... I have no idea what he's thinking..."

Soon, the rest of his science class entered in with the teacher walking to the front. Once all the students were seated in their chairs, the teacher then looks to them.

"Today, we're doing an experiment, so please form groups of five," he says. He then notices Y/N was left over once all the groups had been formed. "Ah, someone's left over."

"Heeeey, somebody let him join you," a boy says.

"Ugggghhh..."

Y/N soon found himself lying down on his bed in his apartment. A safety pin that was bloodied was on his desk near the futon he was lying down on.