Chapter 9| Things She Still Doesn't Know

Y/N was reading a text book to himself in class, as it was currently homeroom at the moment. Fuutarou told him and the quints that anything below a thirty would be considered a failing grade, so he urged them to study hard on their own.

While Y/N was studying by himself, so was Itsuki, sitting at her own desk. However, she was surprised when Fuutarou walked on over to her.

"Itsuki."

The red-haired girl looks at him annoyed. "What is it?"

"Oh, nothing. I just thought you were really trying hard. ...Working so hard even during a break, good job!" He abruptly yelled, making Itsuki flinch. "I heard that you also study at home. Never tardy, never absent, never absent-mindedly leaving your books at home, since we're in the same class, I know you're the most hardworking of the quintuplets."

"Am I?" She asked him with slight curiousness.

"Yes! You're only slightly dumb!"

She looked at him with a surprised and blank stare. A rising anger seemed to be welling within her, a cute but angered pout coming to her face.

"Come on, stop being stubborn and join our private tutor group!" He urged.

Suppressing the urge to snap at him, Itsuki puts on a smile. Rather, it was a fake one she was giving. But Fuutarou took it the wrong way and thought he was victorious.

"You're right!" She said, getting out of her seat. "It's true that there are some limits to studying alone. Can you explain to me this problem, sensei?"

"Of course...!"

He soon realized that she wasn't in front of him anymore. Fuutarou looked to the front to find Itsuki talking to the teacher.

"Okay, meet me in the staff room after school," the teacher replied to Itsuki's question.

"Thank you!"

He looked at her shocked for a moment, but a visible tick mark appeared on his head as Itsuki turned around and gave him a taunting look. He only grew even more annoyed, but he definitely wasn't going to give up.

As Itsuki headed back to her desk, she heard a conversation that was directed to a particular L/N teen.

"Ah! L/N-kun!" Y/N jumped in surprise at the call of his last name. "This bakery is run by your family, right?"

"Eh?" He began to grow nervous when the girl showed a magazine in front of him. She then pointed to a picture of the inside of his family's bakery. "Uh... Yeah."

"I guessed right! That sounds awesome!" She exclaimed with excitement. 

A few more girls came over, one of them speaking up, "What are you talking about?"

"The magazine interviewed the bakery of L/N-kun's family!"

"Really?" The other girl asked. "That's incredible!"