An Important Update

Hey, everyone. This probably wasn't the chapter update you were expecting, but judging from the title and the content of this little update, you may be angry, disappointed, any sort of negative thoughts like that. But to be honest, this was something important that I need to say.

At the beginning, I didn't intend this to be a full blown Horimiya kind of crossover with Quintessential Quintuplets, but after seeing how well received it was, I decided to continue with the idea. And it seemed like a great idea in the back of my mind when I was first initially coming up with my Itsuki Nakano x M!Reader concept. But it has since been numerous months now since I have last updated an actual chapter of this, and my situation kept changing. From a situation of encountering writers' block, traveling halfway across the world to visit family, a lot of important things basically.

With how this update has been going, some people might be thinking that I am going to be discontinuing this book. No, that is not the case, so I don't want to put on anymore disappointing news.

The reason I'm making this update is because I have grown a bit tired of the "slice of life romance" esque-style of books, but that doesn't mean I won't stop writing them. Bocchi the Rock! falls under this category, but that is a series I intend to do because I simply enjoyed the anime so much that I do want to make OC stories for the main cast and a short story for Seika and a few others. But to get to my point, I am putting this book on the back burner as I want to focus on more drama-based romance stories. For example, Oregairu, or My Teen Romantic Comedy Is Not As I Expected, is heavily a drama-based romance. The first season of the anime may not seem like it, leaning into the more comedy aspect of it, but the second and third season do heavily lean into that drama side. Toradora is another example that can be listed down, the first half of the anime being more light-hearted and comedy based, but the second half leans into that drama side much more.

When it comes to romance stories, I have always been more drawn to the drama heavy side of things rather than the light-hearted, slice of life, comedy kind of things. While the rom-com stories do have a drama to them, its obviously not as heavy as the drama romance oriented.

So, what I'm basically saying is that this book will be continued. Don't get me wrong about that. Writing the end of this book is something I intend to do, and that is something I have always promised. Finishing a fic that I have always been interested in, especially when it is one I have always intended to finish. I have discontinued fics before, but those were for stories I thought of fun little ideas that were really made for shits and giggles kind of thing. 

I will now say it again. This book will be continued, not discontinued. This book will be placed on low priority until I can really figure out on where I want it to go. Of course, following the mangas of both TQQ and Horimiya is the main course of action, but I don't just want to go off on just those, I want to add my own original scenes. Of course, following those two mangas, I have to make adjustments and changes to certain scenes and panels so they can really make sense and create a cohesive story and all. After chapter twenty three, I honestly couldn't figure out where to go, so chapter twenty four is still heavily deep in the works, and I haven't been focused on it recently, because I know that if I do write a forced chapter for it, it will come out terrible and shitty. And that's not something I want to release, rather releasing something that will be of the highest quality possible and be very much enjoyable to you all.

So, the final saying. This book will be continued, not discontinued and will be put on the back burner for more planning and thinking on how to go forward with this book.

My next thing to announce is that I am going to have a book take its place and that is the Yumiko Miura book that has been in the works for quite a while now. The prologue has been finished, but I am making tweaks to it as I go and create more chapters for it. It may come out in two days time, no promises on that release date, but I will say that it is coming soon.

In any case, I apologize that this isn't the chapter update you were hoping for and are really eager to see the next chapter update. I am eager to post the next one too, but not until it is finished and clearly polished enough for you all to read. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but this was the decision I had come to.

I once again apologize, my eager readers. Until I've posted the next chapter.

Stay tuned, everyone.