Chapter 16| Sick Day

After going through the manga chapters to figure out what to put here, I decided I would do through with my original plan. With that original plan, I am skipping quite a bit of manga chapters for the quints and instead subbing it with moments that took place in the Horimiya manga and have been adapted for this story.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter anyway, despite me skipping some major plot points. But my reasoning for doing this is that I felt like I couldn't really put Y/N in anywhere unless it was some whole original scenario and those are a pain in the ass to develop anyway. So my compromise is to sub it in with something that makes sense since Y/N is basically Izumi Miyamura. So this is what I thought to put in instead.

Again, these were decisions I decided to make, but I do hope you all enjoy the chapter.

---

Fuutarou sighed as he sat upon a hospital bed, mostly tired and exhausted. He stared aimlessly at the TV in front of him, which was running a program at the moment. 

"Sorry, you're dead last today!~" The TV program announced. "Here's Aries' horoscope!"

Displayed on the TV was like a scratch card of sorts. It displayed results, the title "Aries" being displayed at the top with what looked like a sheep sticker next to it. The results shown were "Love," with thirty points next to it, "Health" with negative one hundred points next to it, and "Wealth" with five hundred points next to it.

This only seemed to bring down his self-esteem even more, causing Fuutarou to deadpan at the TV.

"Your luck will improve by meeting up with friends! But since the cold is going around, please take the necessary precautions!"

Fuutarou lets out another deep sigh. "I can't argue... About my luck being dead last."

The scratch card on the TV had basically reflected the events of the field trip. It appeared that he did receive "love" during the field trip (he wasn't exactly sure, but did see four of the quints in his room when he was still sick), and his health had detoriated quite a bit while he was over there. He was running rampant with a fever, which he had mostly likely caught from Raiha at the time before he left.

And don't even get him started on his financial state. It wasn't look pretty, yes, but with his job tutoring the Nakano siblings, things would be looking up for him and his family.

--: Chapter 16| Sick Day :--

"And thus, my school trip came to an end."

"...Eh?"

Itsuki Nakano stared at the yellow-eyed teen with a dumbfounded look. A few days had passed since they had arrived back from the field trip and Fuutarou was still admitted into the hospital.

Apparently, on this particular day, the Nakano siblings had went to get their vaccines, with Y/N tagging along to visit Fuutarou himself. However, Itsuki and Nino had separated themselves from said group due to their fear of needles, so the rest of the Nakano siblings and Y/N were currently on the hunt for the two. Unknown to them, Itsuki had gone to see the Uesugi teen himself to find out why he studies so much.

And Fuutarou had begun telling her a story. A story of where he met a girl five years ago on a school trip in Kyoto. However...

"What the heck was that!?" She screamed, eager to hear more. "Just when it was getting to the part I wanted to know, the story ended in a mess! What happened to the earth afterwards!?"

 "Just when it was getting to the part I wanted to know, the story ended in a mess! What happened to the earth afterwards!?"