Chapter 6| Fireworks

Nino's eyes twitched in annoyance. "Seriously... The fireworks festival is going to start... Why do we have to stay home and do homework!?"

Currently, Fuutarou, Raiha, and Y/N were at the quints apartment. And right now, they were doing their homework they were assigned.

While the quints were doing it as well, Y/N was also doing his. As he never finished his at Fuutarou's.

"It's because you guys haven't finished your homework!" Fuutarou yells at the five. He then points to Y/N. "You too, Y/N!"

"But Uesugi-san, there's so much..." Y/N whined slightly.

A visible tick mark appeared at the top of his head. "You can't go to the festival until you finish all of your homework!"

--: Chapter 6| Fireworks :--

After rushing through their homework, the quints, the Uesugi siblings, and Y/N were all walking down the street to head towards the fireworks festival. Yotsuba, Miku, Ichika, and Nino, with Fuutarou, and Raiha at the front, Y/N and Itsuki were near the back, talking amongst themselves. 

It had only been a week or so since Nino had threatened, or around the lines of that, but it still didn't seem to have deterred him from coming, nor did it deter him from not talking to Itsuki. If anything, Itsuki and Y/N seemed to be talking even more than they usually do, Itsuki even going out and hanging out with the L/N teen whenever she had free time. It frustrated Nino a little, but it seemed that she couldn't do anything to stop it. Itsuki was currently talking to Y/N, walking down the street, the red-haired girl on the side closer towards the road.

"And then that sensei he..." Itsuki says with a light chuckle, hearing Y/N laugh a little bit as well. "It's funny, right?"

"Yeah," Y/N says, moving to her side and moved her to his previous spot.

The girl with star pins wondered why he had did such a thing. She then noticed a person biking down the road, having just went past them. Itsuki then looked up at the black-haired teen, his blue eyes now focused forward.

'...L/N-kun, won't let me walk on the side of the road. I was splashed by water once a few days ago. But now, it's like this whether it rains or it's sunny. He keeps a reasonable distance... But also...staying close,' Itsuki thought, a small blush coming to her cheeks.

Walking a bit more, the group finally arrived at the festival grounds. Yotsuba and Raiha both let out excited gasps. 

"Thanks to the fireworks festival, we not only didn't run away, but also finished all of this hateful homework," Yotsuba says, having Raiha close to her. "Now, let's enjoy the festival!"

Raiha smiled. "Finally, it's done!"

"What time do fireworks start and end at?" Nino asks Miku.

"From 7PM to 8PM," Miku replies.

Ichika wraps an arm around her younger sister. "So they're still an hour away, why don't we drop by the food stalls!"

"Uesugi-san, L/N-san, hurry up, hurry up!" Yotsuba calls out to the two boys.

"O-Ok..."

The two boys sweat drop as the five identical sisters pressed on and heading into the crowd more, Raiha being pulled up front by the orange-haired girl. As the quints went their own separate ways from the two, Fuutarou and Y/N found a nearby tree to lean up against.

Sitting on the fence that surrounded the tree, they waited. Y/N had purchased a water bottle earlier, so he was drinking some of it while waiting. The festival was packed, and it was a bit warm. It was also tiring for the boy, usually never in dense crowds such as this.