Chapter 13| Test of Courage

I put out a new cover! What do you all think?

Anyway, new chapter, let's go! ...What're you doing here at this beginning message? Go read. Also, sorry if it's kinda short, but this was the scenario I was able to come up with.

---

If it weren't obvious, Y/N could tell that the bus ride to the campsite they were going to was awkward. Very awkward.

During the whole ride, neither both Itsuki or Y/N spoke to one another. The girl with star pins would make awkward side glances, most of them would be Y/N catching them, causing him to look at her. Once he was about to open up his mouth and speak, however, Itsuki would return to face the front and blush a deep red. This only added on to more of his confusion, his head being tilted in the process.

Soon enough, the hours would pass and they would all arrive on the campsite. Because their trip was delayed due to the snowstorm, causing them to be snowed in at the nearby inn, they began with day two activities.

And that was... Curry making.

--: Chapter 13| Test of Courage :--

The students had been split up into groups, depending on their classes. Of course, Y/N, Fuutarou, and Itsuki were in one group, and the rest of the Nakano siblings were in their own respective groups.

On Nino's end, she ended up becoming the team leader of the group, ordering and giving instructions to her group mates.

"Then, we'll handle the curry," Nino says with a smile, facing the boys in her group, "while you boys take care of the rice."

The boys hobbled away as the nonchalantly replied, "'Kaay.~"

After that was done, Nino returned to her station and began cutting up the necessary items meant for the curry. Cutting up some carrots was easy, due to her mostly being the one that cooked their dinner at home for her and her sisters.

The other girls huddled around her, amazed at her cooking skills.

"Wow, Nino, you're so fast at chopping vegetables," one girl said.

Nino continued to cut with ease. "Heh. I do take care of the housework at home. This is nothing." 'Our field trip has finally begun. I wonder how everyone else is getting along...'

On Ichika's end...

The eldest Nakano picked up a measuring cup. "This has already been used, right? I'll clean it up."

"R-Right!"

Humming to herself, Ichika walks off with the cup in hand to clean it. The two boys she was just talking to then began to daydream. Soon, a content look on their faces began to appear.

"Nakano-san is so beautiful and thoughtful. She must be some kind of perfect woman."

"Man, I want her to clean my room," the other responded.

Nearby, Yotsuba's grunts could be heard. The girl was currently working herself to death, at least in the eyes of the others. But to her, this was very enjoyable. The dumbest sister of the five, and at this point being Y/N's actual best friend, was raising an axe over her head and chopping firewood, bringing it down as it was easily split into two.

The girl with the green ribbon then wiped the sweat off her brow, which had accumulated while she was doing this hard work. She then set the axe at her side, turning to look at the boys with a sheepish look.

"Enough already! You don't need to chop any more!" They all exclaimed.

Yotsuba simply laughed heartily, "This is fun!"