Chapter 10| Midterm

Fuutarou was sweating bullets. His face clearly showed it as he was sweating profusely, an almost terrifying grin was on his face.

Y/N looked at his friend with confusion. He soon tilted his head as he asked his friend a question.

"Uesugi-san, are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah... I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" The boy asked. "You're sweating a lot. Are you hot?"

Fuutarou deadpanned at him. "How can I be hot in this cold, dumbass. It's the middle of Autumn."

"Huh? It is?"

"What do you mean 'it is'!? It's freezing! How are you not freezing!?" Fuutarou then sighed. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Is it about Nakano-san?"

"A little bit..."

"...Do you want to talk about it?"

"Nah, it's fine."

Y/N stayed silent for a bit before he spoke up again. "It's kind of strange."

"Hmm? What's strange?" Fuutarou rose an eyebrow.

"Hmm? Ah! Don't worry about it, Uesugi-san. I was just talking to myself."

The yellow-eyed teen stared at the glasses-wearing teen suspiciously before he shrugged his shoulders. Y/N smiled slightly as he looked over to Fuutarou, then facing forward once again.

Flashback

A young Y/N L/N, in middle school, was walking through the hallway. As usual, his face was in it's most depressing expression.

'At first, middle school was no better than grade school,' Y/N monologued. 'I think what changed...was that guy.'

Transition to his classroom, his pencil rolled off the side of his desk. He made a surprised sound, and looked around the room. No one seemed to bother to notice what happened.

It was like he was invisible. Like it was before.

Frowning to himself, Y/N stood got out of his chair and knelt down to pick up his pencil.

'Everyone was indifferent, as if it was only natural. I was used to it.'

"What? For real!?" One boy said.

Another one laughed. "See? Right here!"

'On group projects, the people on my team openly ignored me.'

The group Y/N was in were laughing to themselves, minding their own businesses. It was until they actually looked to him, the boys gaining different expressions. Some of them were mixed with disgust.

'Their eyes asking, "Oh, you're still here"? I was used to it.'