Chapter 15| Campfire Dance

"Good work with bringing him this far," one of their teacher says, giving the Nakano girls and Y/N a side glance as he carried Fuutarou into the student lodgings. "We'll have him rest in this room while monitoring his condition. And if his condition gets worse, I'll take him to the nearest hospital, so don't worry. Bring this kid's luggage too."

"Yes..." Yotsuba quickly responded, albeit dejectedly.

What had happened was when Itsuki and Y/N returned to the group, Fuutarou had collapsed onto the snow. It turned out that he had a fever, and he had been forcing himself to go onto this trip the whole time so he could enjoy it with everyone, though he probably wouldn't want to admit it. Everyone was quite worried, except for Nino, was currently too busy giving her youngest sister a noogie for all the worrying she had caused everyone. 

Ichika covered her mouth and began to leave, "Sorry, this is all my fault."

"Ichika!" Miku called out. But it was too late, the eldest Nakano sibling had left.

The teacher continued helping Fuutarou into the room. "Go get changed and gather at the square. It's time for the bonfire."

"Ah, I'm going to stay too," Itsuki quickly protested, Y/N nodding his head in agreement.

"It's not like you two can do anything here," Fuutarou says, giving them all a small glance. "Just leave me alone..."

A tick mark appeared on Nino's head. "What's with your attitude!? They're both worried about you, you know!?"

"You heard him, just go!" The teacher quickly responded, shutting down their protests.

"But...!"

"I told you he needs to rest!" He moved Fuutarou inside, giving them all one last glare, "From this point on, this room is a no entry area! And there will be punishment if I find you inside, you hear me!?"

A gloomy atmosphere surrounds them all, except for Nino, who only put her hands on her hips and was giving the teacher a pout and a sneer. While there was silence, Miku was the first to break it, her eyes locked onto the yellow-eyed teen.

"Fuutarou... We all know that you were really looking forward to this field trip... Is it really alright... For the field trip you wanted so much to have a lonely end like this...?"

The question of hers made him ponder, staring at her slightly before he looked to Nino. He gestured her for her to stand off to the side so they could talk, leaving the rest of them to leave. 

--: Chapter 15| Campfire Dance :--

The bonfire had been lit up and many of the students had gathered around. The large fire surrounded by a box of stacked logs, giving off an orange and yellow hue around the area. It was the main event, almost like it was the pinnacle of the world.