Chapter 4| Judgement Session

'How come the door is not open!?' Fuutarou thought, standing outside the glass door of the quints apartment building. "What's wrong with this!? Sensor, please activate already!"

"Um, Uesugi-san..." Y/N raised his hand to speak, only for Fuutarou to shoo him off.

"Not now, Y/N! Dammit... You have to get in my way too, eh!"

"Uesugi--"

Fuutarou then notices a camera just above the door. "Ah, um, I'm Uesugi, tutor for the Nakano family on the 30th floor. Is this door broken?"

"What are you doing?"

Alarmed by the sudden voice, Fuutarou turned around. There Miku stood, the girl having a deadpan expression on her face as Y/N sheepishly stood next to her. It had occurred to him that he had just now looked like an idiot, right in front of his friend and one of his students.

"Don't you know what an automatic lock is," Miku cooly remarks. She then sighed. "Just enter the room number and it will automatically connect immediately."

"Uh, I know that... Miku," Fuutarou says, still embarrassed. 'I just got here and I already lost my cool... This is really a dilemma...'

The door opened after the room number was put into the terminal, Y/N and Miku walking in. While Fuutarou stood there, Miku turned around to look at him.

"Why are you still standing there?"

"Huh?"

Miku smiled, "You have to start tutoring, right?"

--: Chapter 4| Judgement Session :--

Entering inside the elevator and heading to the 30th floor, Miku opened the door to her and her sisters' apartment. Inside, everyone else had already gathered. Yotsuba was as cheerful as ever, Ichika was relaxing on the couch, and Itsuki was by the table, notebooks in her arms. She was annoyed by the fact that Fuutarou was here, but instantly lit up when Y/N walked in, who waved and brought cake from his family's shop.

 She was annoyed by the fact that Fuutarou was here, but instantly lit up when Y/N walked in, who waved and brought cake from his family's shop

"Good morning!~" Yotsuba cheerfully calls out. "I'm ready now!"

"I will, umm...just sit back and watch. I think," Ichika says with a sheepish smile.

Itsuki huffed, sitting down at the dinner table. "I'm studying on my own here, so don't misunderstand."

Miku looks to Fuutarou with a small smile. "You better teach me Japanese history as promised."

Fuutarou nodded towards her, looking to everyone else, seeing Y/N take a spot by the coffee table.

'Today is going smoothly for a change. I just need to gently approach these girls and everything will be fine,' Fuutarou thought. "Okay, let's start!"

"Oh? Have you yet to realize the truth and are still trying?" A voice called out from above.

The rest of the quints, and Y/N and Fuutarou, look up to the second floor. Nino was leaning against the glass railing, somewhat an annoyed stare, but also a mischievous grin on her face. No doubt she was still planning something to rid Fuutarou and his attempts to tutor them.