Chapter 21| Celebration

After the test, they reconvened at the cake shop where Fuutarou works, as well as where Itsuki and Y/N met Shimoda. Fuutarou had asked for everyone to meet here once it was all over so they could share test results and discuss, as well as to celebrate should they all pass.

"Yotsuba! You did it!" Itsuki cried out, hugging her older sister. "Even though you were the one most at risk!"

"Congratulations," Miku says, hugging Yotsuba with her usual monotone voice, but had genuine hints of affection.

Yotsuba laughs sheepishly as she accepts the hugs. "Ehehehe..."

"Yeah. You did good job, Yotsuba-san," Y/N said with a smile.

"It's my highest score in all of history!" Yotsuba beams a smile at the L/N teen. "Though a total of 184 points is cutting it close..."

"But even still. You should still be proud, Yotsuba-san."

"You should be too, L/N-san! Even if it's cutting it close as well, you still made 189 points!"

He smiled after hearing that. "Yeah. Thanks, Yotsuba-san."

Fuutarou watched them from the opposite side as he sat on a little edge of a window. He nodded his head in reply, knowing that the two dumbest had finally pass some semblance of a test. Even if it was just borderline passing, he was still proud nonetheless. 

Itsuki sighed a little as she stared at her test results. "In my case, it was 224 points. I had subjects that were dangerously close too. I will need to work on those." She then looked to Miku, "How did you do, Miku?"

"I got..." Miku hesitated for a moment. "238 points."

"Wow, that's amazing!" Yotsuba squealed.

"Nice job, Miku-san!" Y/N claps in happiness.

Itsuki offers her elder sister a smile. "As expected of Miku."

The bell for the door then rings, signifying that someone had walked in. They look in the direction of the front entrance, seeing the familiar actress, the elder sister, Ichika Nakano, walk in.

Y/N piped up first. "Oh! Ichika-san! Over here!"

"Ichika's here too. Where's Nino?" Yotsuba tilted her head.

"I did tell her to come here after getting her results back..." Itsuki furrowed her brow. "Could it be that..."

"Miku," Fuutarou abruptly spoke up. "You've really changed. I knew you had the most potential."

The girl in question blushes. "Fuutarou..."

Miku held her tongue, biting her lip as she clenched her hands together. Feelings began to bubble and well within her chest, the redness on her cheeks beginning to increase even more. She figured that, now. Now was the time to tell him. 

To tell him how she felt.

"I'm..." She began speaking.

Yotsuba sighed in relief. "I'm so glad. Ichika doesn't have any fails either."

"What's your total score?" Itsuki asks her oldest sibling.

"Oh, it's... 240 points."

At this, Miku paused, her eyes wide open. Fuutarou had then taken his attention off of Miku, looking to the eldest Nakano sibling, along with Miku. She couldn't believe her eyes, disbelief clouding her as she stood there in shock, her mouth agape.

Yotsuba's eyes lit up in happiness. "That means..."

"Ichika has the highest!" Itsuki finished.

"Congratulations, Ichika-san!" Y/N offered his applause.