6. Normal

Bokuto took a deep breath, leaning back. He was in between Akaashi's legs, back against his chest. Akaashi was playing with Bokuto's hair, talking quietly to him.

"I'm gonna fall asleep."

"That's alright." Akaashi held him closer. "Just relax."

"You're so sweet." Bokuto yawned. He closed his eyes before whining. "I have to meet with my sisters tomorrow."

"I'm not going to be here for the next few days in the daytime."

"Life sucks."

"Sometimes."

Bokuto turned around. They had been working on more holding over the past month and a half so he felt a lot more comfortable. He smiled. "Can I show you something?"

"Sure thing." Akaashi sat up. "What is it?"

Bokuto grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled up. This exposed his chest, surprising Akaashi. "Well?"

Akaashi smiled. "Looks normal to me."

Bokuto's eyes widened. "You think so?"

"I mean sure there's subtle scarring but it's really nothing. I think your chest looks nice. How does it feel?"

Bokuto opened and closed his mouth, baffled. He gulped and blinked back the warmth in his eyes.

He looked normal.

Normal.

Boy normal.

Bokuto's hands trembled and he clasped them together. He felt shaky and overwhelmed with the joy he was able to feel from this statement.

Akaashi put out a hand, covering Bokuto's. "Did I upset you?"

"You are... the best person." Bokuto started to cry. "I am so thankful for what you just said."

Akaashi nodded slowly. "Am I allowed to hug you?"

"Of course! Yes!" Bokuto opened his arms and held Akaashi close. "Thank you!"

Akaashi hugged him back, rubbing his back.

"Thank you..."

Akaashi squeezed him slightly, silent. This was so peaceful compared to all day.

****

Bokuto ran up to his sisters, grinning. "Lemme see the bump!"

Kenji laughed. She tightened her shirt over her stomach. "Goodness Kotarou."

"Oh it's so cute! Shame I'm not attracted to women. Or have a penis."

"What?"

"That way I could have a wife and have kids. That would be awesome."

Kenji smiled sadly at him. "Eventually."

Bokuto nodded. Kiri got out of the car and stretched. "Hey hey hey!"

"Woah hey what's with the comfort hoodie?"

"I thought it would be nice to wear it today since I like it. I don't feel dysphoric." He took Kenji's hand and smiled. "Where's your husband?"

"He is unfortunately at work."

"Aw."

She laughed and all three walked inside. Bokuto got their orders written down so he could recite them to the barista. He made sure they were sat somewhere they liked and went to the counter.

"Hello, how are you?"

"I'm good!" Bokuto stared at the paper in his hands and laughed. "God..."