33. Little Ones

Akaashi looked over at Bokuto, smiling. They were situated in the tub and Bokuto was calmly staring back. He laughed. "What are you staring at me for?"

Bokuto blushed. He wasn't usually the one to be so quiet or shy so Akaashi found this cute.

"Come here Ko." Akaashi held out an arm.

Bokuto crawled over and laid against his chest, silent.

"You go nonvocal too?"

Bokuto nodded. He looked up and held Akaashi's cheek. He felt a safe sort of consciousness about his body that warmed his core.

"How does a back rub sound? And cuddles?" Bokuto whined softly. He was too tired to express much. This was a new feeling. "It's okay, it's okay. I'll take good care of you."

Bokuto sat up and kissed Akaashi's cheek.

"You looked exhausted right now."

Bokuto grabbed his shampoo and conditioner and little cup for his hair and laid back against Akaashi. Akaashi washed his hair and Bokuto did the same, adoring Akaashi's hand stims. As they were getting out and drying each other Bokuto's phone went off.

Akaashi answered it for him, holding Bokuto close and running his fingers through his hair as he sat in his lap. "Hello, Kotarou can't come to the phone at the moment. Who is this?"

Bokuto kissed Akaashi's jaw, starting to fall asleep.

"Oh hello. Nice to talk to you but is everything okay?"

Bokuto perked up just a bit.

"Oh that's wonderful!" Akaashi looked down. "Kenji is about to have the baby."

Bokuto sat up as fast as his body would allow. "Right now?"

"Well he said it'll take a few hours but yeah."

"I wanna go."

"You really aren't in the correct mindset to go and your body needs time to recover."

Bokuto glanced at the time. "We can wake up early."

"We can do that. Hey he needs to go to bed right now but we'll be there first thing in the morning." Bokuto settled his body back against Akaashi. Akaashi set Bokuto's phone to the side and held him close. "Does anything hurt love?"

"Just sore down there."

"Bad sore?"

"No, no. It doesn't feel too bad." Bokuto sighed heavily. "Too much talking."

"I understand that." Akaashi rubbed his back slowly. Bokuto started to snore into his chest and he smiled. "I love you."

****

Bokuto looked over from hurriedly getting his coat and bag, extremely excited for what was going to happen. He was going to meet his niece, a brand new little person he could take to parks and help teach. This was going to be amazing!

"Babe! Babe! Do you think her eyes are gonna be like my family's? We have lighter brown eyes but it's a recessive trait." Bokuto looked around and didn't see Akaashi. He paused. "Babe?"

Bokuto went back to his room where Akaashi was covering his ears and rocking.

"Ah shit. Keiji I'm sorry. Do you need something sunshine?"

"I feel rushed. I don't like it."

"Okay... okay. Here how about I get your coat for you and we can slow down?"

Akaashi nodded. "I'm sorry."

"Nothing to be sorry about. If you're overwhelmed we slow down. Easy." Akaashi nodded. He took slower breaths, calming himself. Bokuto finished up and got Akaashi up and dressed all the way. "Come on, let's go grab breakfast and then visit? You like those egg sandwich things, right?"

"I do."

Bokuto kissed his temple. "Good to know."

Akaashi sat back in his seat and tried not to whine at himself starting to get overstimulated again. Why was he so off? There's no way being rushed made him react like that.

"You good?"

"Just a little off."

"You're overstimulated aren't you?"

Akaashi went silent. Was he supposed to say yes?

"Hey Keiji you can stim if you need it, I don't mind."

Akaashi hummed softly. He started to stim. It worked a bit but wasn't quite enough. They did end up eating before going to the hospital. Bokuto had kept him in the car while they ate and made sure to say nice things. Akaashi finished eating after Bokuto and was thankful his eggs didn't taste like eggs. He couldn't even taste egg from Bokuto when Bokuto had jokingly used his tongue to kiss him.

He'd discovered the hard way that Bokuto enjoyed French kissing and was often gently led into small make out sessions during random parts of their time together.

He was weird.

"Kenji! We're here!"

Akaashi peeked around Bokuto and saw the older woman gently holding a baby to her chest. She smiled. "Hey... please keep it down, I've got a small headache."

"Ooh sorry. Come on Kashi, time to meet the baby." Akaashi smiled. He loved babies. They were tiny and innocent and absolutely precious. Bokuto stepped forward and lifted the little girl. He smiled and tapped her nose. "She's a cutie."

Akaashi fiddled with his hands. "What's her name?"

"Jun."

Akaashi nodded hurriedly. He didn't know what to say or do. Bokuto sat down with him, absolute adoration in his eyes. "Oh she has our eyes..."

Akaashi kept his hands going, smiling.

Bokuto looked up. "Would you like to hold her?"

"Mhmm!"

"Come sit down."

Akaashi sat down hurriedly and carefully took Jun into his arms. His feet swayed as he held her, loving this. She had such tiny hands and such tiny little ears and oh God she was just precious.

Bokuto noticed and smiled. "She's cute, isn't she?"

Akaashi nodded hurriedly. "I need you to take her before I start stimming really bad."

Bokuto took Jun and handed her back to Kenji.

Akaashi shook his fists and rocked, pure joy overtaking him.

"You okay?"

"Yes! Oh I love babies they're so little!"

Bokuto eased him to the floor to sit down. Akaashi's stims were borderline violent with how happy he was getting. Kenji looked over, worried. "Keiji honey is everything okay?"

"Mhmm! Mhmm!" Akaashi hugged himself tight.

Bokuto chuckled softly. "Oh think of all the fun stuff we can do."

Akaashi grabbed Bokuto's hands, still rocking. "Dress up and put on makeup and playing and, and oh God, it'll be amazing!"

Bokuto kissed his forehead.

Kenji chuckled softly. "I have babysitters?"

Akaashi gasped and turned around. "Oh please? I am really good with taking care of little ones!"

Kenji nodded. "That's lovely. Remember, whispers."

Akaashi nodded again. Bokuto held his hands still as Akaashi rocked. Bokuto just couldn't keep his eyes off of Akaashi. He was just so lovely without even trying.