14. Stomach

Akaashi felt movement against his chest as he lay still and smiled. There he was. "Good morning. How are you feeling?"

Bokuto sniffled and sat up a bit, huddling just under Akaashi's chin. He didn't have any idea of what was going on but he was comfortable and that was all that mattered in the moment.

Akaashi pet his hair slowly, shifting him a bit. "You need to get up Ko."

"Comfy."

"I know that but what about that cereal you wanted to eat this morning?"

"Pebbles?"

"Mhmm."

Bokuto took a deep breath before sitting up. "In a sec."

Akaashi laughed.

"Why're you laughing at me?"

"You drooled." Akaashi wiped away the drool from his cheek. "How is your stomach feeling?"

"Sore. Little bloated which is gross."

"So a bit better than last night?"

"Mhmm." Bokuto got up and used the bathroom before coming back and picking up Akaashi as he had realized it was a very fun thing for him. "Do you like fruity pebbles?"

"I do."

Bokuto put him on the couch and grabbed them both bowls before huddling up with Akaashi on the couch, eating in near silence. Akaashi found himself needing to talk and kind of whispered when feeling talkative.

Bokuto played with his hair, smiling.

"Kashi?"

"Mm?"

"What's something you like about candy?" He questioned, knowing Akaashi would immediately start to open up.

Akaashi gripped his bowl, trying not to freak out from being asked something about something he liked. "Well, it's usually bright colors but the way some candies are made is absolutely amazing. I love bright colored candies which is sort of why I like starbursts but those are also a safe food for my aftercare because they're chewy and taste nice and they have nice texture."

"Starbursts are pretty nice. What's your favorite flavor?"

"The lemon ones! They-" Akaashi gulped. Too loud.

Bokuto hummed. "Go on, I'm listening."

"It's not too much?"

"Kashi it's a hyperfixation and something you like. Just talk about it, I don't mind."

Akaashi nodded and started again, keeping his voice as level as possible. As he rambled Bokuto wondered if maybe he had been misdiagnosed before shrugging it off. This was Akaashi and Akaashi happened to like candy. No big deal.

Akaashi rambled for a while until he noticed he was thirsty and asked for water. Bokuto got him some and sat back down with him with his bag of starbursts. They sorted the colors and Akaashi set them into piles, staring nearly lovingly at the colorful scene. "Wanna go get dressed?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi glanced at the candy again and got up to go change he took his medicine and felt it start to kick in, calming him back down and making staying level headed a lot easier.

"You got work today?"

"Tomorrow."

Bokuto picked him up by his waist and walked around his room, swaying him. "Look at Akaashi! Look at how amazing he is~!"

Akaashi laughed. He was eased down and Bokuto took a few deep breaths.

"Where'd you put the ibuprofen?"