23. Jobs

This is short but it is a chapter

Bokuto whined as his source of warmth moved away from him. Somehow he'd managed to get tangled up in his blankets right up against Akaashi during the night and Akaashi was supposed to be sleeping peacefully next to him.

"Shhhh, I have to answer this call."

Bokuto huffed. He settled himself against Akaashi's chest as he answered the call.

"Why are you calling me this late?"

Bokuto perked up. Was it really late? He glanced at his alarm clock. Midnight.

"Woah, woah slow down I'll be right there. Lay him down on his left and make sure he stays awake. Where are you again?"

Bokuto was moved back onto the mattress and he huffed. "Kashi?"

"I need to take Tendou to the the hospital. I'll be back in the morning."

Bokuto sat up. "Wait what? Like the guy from the shop?"

"Yes. Someone laced his weed with something and he's panicking." Akaashi grabbed his shoes and put them on hurriedly. "I'm going to pick him up to take him to the hospital. His boyfriend should be there soon and I need to help get him to the hospital. I will be back to make you breakfast and help you walk."

"Wait what? Do you need me to come help?"

"You need to go back to sleep. Promise everything is okay though."

Bokuto put out an arm. "C'mere."

Akaashi hugged him. "I'll be back in a bit."

Bokuto pressed a kiss to Akaashi's temple. "I'll be here."

Akaashi smiled at him before hurrying out of the apartment. Bokuto put blankets back over himself and took a deep breath. Time to go back to sleep.

****

When morning finally came Bokuto woke up to the smell of eggs again. Not bad eggs, but scrambled eggs. He maneuvered his way out of his bed and wobbled towards the kitchen.

"Kashi?"

Akaashi turned around and hurriedly got Bokuto to sit down. "Do you feel okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Everything okay with Tendou?"

Akaashi hesitated before nodding. "Yeah."

Bokuto frowned. "You're lying?"

"I'm not."

"Okay then what happened with you? You look like you've been crying." Bokuto took the plate Akaashi offered him and sat up a bit.

"I'm fine Kotarou."

Bokuto shook his head. "I think you're lying."

"You don't want to know."

"I do want to know."

Akaashi paused for a moment. "Tendou wasn't exactly drugged. One of his clients put something that Tendou usually uses for something else in some weed and it made him higher than normal. I think it was some sort of acid and he flipped out."

"But that's just him. What happened to you?"

"The boss was in on it and he was trying to bring me back. He hit me and Sugawara a few times but it was nothing bad." Akaashi gave Bokuto some water. "No bruises that I'm aware of."

Bokuto's worry only deepened. "You need anything?"

"No, I don't. Would you like to help me look for a new job?"

"Sure. And Suga and Tendou."

"Tendou's boyfriend found out he's a prostitute and is working on finding him a new job."

"Was he okay with it?"

"He was worried but he worries anyway."

Bokuto nodded. He sort of nibbled at his breakfast, not too hungry.

"Is something wrong with the eggs? There's no milk in them, I made sure."

"I never even told you I was lactose sensitive. How'd you know that?"

"Kuroo told me. Are you feeling okay?" He felt of Bokuto's forehead. "You are a bit warm..."

"The surgery decreased my appetite." Bokuto smiled sadly. "It sucks."

"I see. Do you want Gatorade? It may help."

"Ooh I think I have some orange ones left." Bokuto got up. "Shit I can't lean over without tearing something."

Akaashi got him the drink and helped him back to his room where he eased new clothes onto Bokuto. Bokuto had never undressed in the light before so having Akaashi see him was absolutely nerve wracking. Akaashi wasn't looking for anything so this felt normal.

Bokuto was dressed and he brushed his teeth before sitting at the table with a pillow, staring at Akaashi's laptop. They were looking at jobs now, each silent. Akaashi had his chair pushed up against Bokuto's, both leaning into each other.

Just as he found something actually interesting he felt the weight of the other press into his body further, signaling him to move and hold Bokuto. "Do you need something else to eat?"

Bokuto just kept laying against Akaashi, silent. Akaashi looked down to check that Bokuto was okay and discovered a rather peaceful scene. Bokuto was sleeping on his shoulder, holding onto his arm even in his sleep.

Akaashi simply smiled and kissed his mess of multicolor hair tenderly before his eyes returned to his screen. This didn't seem so bad.