20. Boyfriend

Akaashi kept rocking himself a bit, trying not to get too nervous. Bokuto was okay. He was going to be out of surgery soon and everything would be okay. Everything was okay.

"Akaashi?"

Akaashi looked over to Kuroo. "Hi."

Kuroo held out his hand. "Come on, Bo is being moved to his room."

Akaashi rejected his hand and stood. They went up two levels to where Bokuto was sleeping soundly, a nurse checking on him and monitoring him.

"Everything is okay?"

"Everything went well." The nurse looked up and Akaashi tensed despite his smile. "He should be awake within the hour."

Akaashi eyed him as he left. Kuroo noticed this. "You know him?"

"He's an old client."

"How many 'old clients' do you have?"

"Over two thousand..."

Kuroo's eyes widened. "Two thousand?"

"Mhmm. I was only there for five years though and the number is because of how many times I had to be in groups."

"That doesn't sound fun."

"It wasn't fun at all." Akaashi sat down by Bokuto's bed and watched Bokuto breathe, his chest moving up and down slowly. He set his hand there and just tried to relax. He hated talking about things like that and just wanted to focus on Bokuto.

Bokuto didn't react to the touch and just kept his steady breathing. Apparently he reacted fast to being put under and would be asleep for quite a while and delirious when he woke up. Akaashi didn't mind though.

Kuroo kept him company for a bit until he had to go home and Akaashi stayed in his seat. He rocked himself back and forth a bit. He felt calm right now and everything felt okay.

"Mm...?"

"Kotarou?" Akaashi looked up and smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Happy as a clam. Like a bean." Bokuto smiled and opened his eyes. "Stop touchin my boobs please."

Akaashi moved his hand quickly and Bokuto moved his hand up a bit. "I didn't mean to touch you like that."

"Shhhh, shhhh." Bokuto grabbed his hand. "You're lovely!" Akaashi sat up a bit. Bokuto kissed Akaashi's knuckles. "So very lovely."

"Kotarou, that's inappropriate."

"Mm? No, no I'm just lovin 'on ya. Didn't mean to." Bokuto scrunched up his nose and his eyes widened. "Ouch."

"Cannula. To make sure you're breathing okay."

"Mm. Okay." Bokuto pointed to his stomach. "Done?"

"They took it out, yes. Does it hurt?"

Bokuto shook his head and closed his eyes. "Feel heavy."

"Is that bad?"

"No, cloud heavy."

"Ah okay?" Akaashi stood slowly to stop from startling Bokuto and leaned over to fix his blanket.

"Kashi you needa boyfriend."

"I don't think partners fix everything though. I don't need a boyfriend."

Bokuto perked up. "You're smart."

"Thank you."

"Whatcha doin?"

"Fixing your blanket Ko. Are you comfortable?"