24. Better

"Oh, look at you! My strong baby brother!" Kenji cried out, pinching Bokuto's cheeks gently. "You look so much more awake."

Bokuto smiled. It had been a few weeks since his surgery so he was able to walk a bit more freely and his stomach felt a bit better. "Hey Kenji."

"You still feeling down?"

"Mhmm. The whole hormone thing sucks."

Akaashi looked up from his station and tried to fight off the urge to say something. He had become increasingly more comfortable around Bokuto lately and was able to show some of his more chaotic moments. Which included yelling. Bokuto wasn't even aware of the fact that Akaashi was loud.

Being comfortable around people really lowered Akaashi's impulse control though and he wanted so badly to yell out to Bokuto about how nice his hair looked. He felt bouncy.

Maybe he needed a new dosage for his medication or maybe Bokuto's needy cuddles had given him weird energy. Time before work with Bokuto was interesting though. Bokuto frequently cuddled him or played with his hair or taught him things. Sometimes in the morning they went shopping together and Akaashi ran into aisle corners because he couldn't keep his eyes off of Bokuto.

He had never been so enthralled by someone like this before and it was nice.

Kenji noticed Akaashi and smiled at him. "Hey!"

Akaashi fiddled with his hands to remind himself to keep his voice cheerful and calm at the same time. It was a struggle not yelling. "Hello!"

Bokuto looked over and flashed Akaashi a wide grin. "Hey, hey, hey hot stuff! We're doing good today?"

"Mhmm!"

Bokuto chuckled and turned his attention to his sister. "He's so cute."

"He is definitely not someone bland." She sat down and Bokuto did the same, both wincing at how uncomfortable it was for them both.

Bokuto took longer to adjust, his slowly healing incision sore as he bent to sit.

"You too?"

"Oh please."

"Do you want me to order?"

"I'll do it in a sec. Is Kiri not coming?"

Kenji shrugged. "Kiri said she was busy."

"Shocker. She's just mad I found someone I wanted to protect." Bokuto glanced over at Akaashi doing his usual work. Akaashi was so getting more cuddles when they got home.

Wait.

Akaashi had his own apartment why the hell was he saying home?

"Ko, I get that you have a crush on him but don't stare."

Bokuto laughed. "Crush? Who me? No, never."

"Sure. Anyways. What color are Akaashi's eyes despite looking dark grey?"

"Blue! Why does everyone say his eyes are grey?!"

Kenji smirked.

Bokuto's face reddened. "Quit that. You know what, I'm gonna order."

Kenji shrugged and sat back as Bokuto went up to the counter. Bokuto was quick though and he immediately hurried to Akaashi. "Hi!"

"Hi Kotarou."

Bokuto smiled. "You look nice today."

"I would hope so accounting for the fact that you picked out my outfit and brushed my hair."