18. Quit

Kuroo watched Bokuto closely, trying to make sure he was okay. That morning he had arrived just before Akaashi left and Bokuto had been half asleep. As soon as Akaashi was gone though he was back asleep and had been for hours.

Kuroo had kept him that way, worried sick that Bokuto would wake up crying.

Bokuto did seem to be waking up now though and he looked pretty okay. "How are you feeling?"

Bokuto stared at Kuroo. "Mm? Where's Akaashi?"

"He went to work a few hours ago."

Bokuto just nodded and put his head back down. "Mkay."

"You know him through what I told you, right?"

"Mhmm. Just don't tell my sisters. I don't know what they think of sex workers."

"Don't talk so seriously if he's just your friend. This could be a lot worse."

Bokuto nodded. He had completely forgotten that he was just Akaashi's friend, he may even feel like just another client to him. He didn't know.

What would it even be like to date a prostitute? Overwhelming? Normal? Full of jealousy?

Bokuto shook away the thought and relaxed into his bed as much as possible. His head felt stuffy and heavy. "Can you help me get up? I need to use the bathroom."

"I don't wanna intrude on anything-"

"You've seen vaginas before, just help me get to the bathroom."

Kuroo helped him get to the bathroom, nervous as to how he would be helping. Bokuto just shuffled with his drip, easing down to sit on the toilet. "Do I leave-"

"Not yet. Just turn around and I'll do my thing."

Kuroo turned around. He could hear the crinkling of Bokuto changing his pad and he could hear him pee. It was awkward to hear but he knew Bokuto needed help.

"Good news!"

"Hm?"

"I'm only spotting now."

"What's that?"

Bokuto pulled up his pants and stood. "Towards the end of someone's cycle they have blood spotting signifying the final two days of the period. I was told that when my period ends I can have my uterus removed due to medical problems."

Kuroo hummed. "How long does it take to heal from that?"

"I'm pretty sure they're doing abdominal surgery where they remove it by cutting my stomach open. So three months for me. A little help?"

Kuroo eased him to stand up fully and led him back to bed. "Good?"

"Oh yeah I'm great. Just incredibly sore and a little sick."

"Kotarou I'm sorry it took so long I had a few clients and-" Akaashi stopped in the doorway. He gulped. "Hello Kuroo-San."

"Sup."

Akaashi stood there for a moment. They were both his clients. Kuroo had actually had sex with him a few times so it just felt awkward being here like this.

Bokuto noticed his stance. "Hey hey hey why don't you come over here so you can relax!"

Akaashi stepped around Kuroo, eyes diverting his stare.

"You know Kuroo and I don't mind, right?"

"Well yes but... there's things that have happened between myself and Kuroo that make it a bit odd to be in this setting with him."