Chapter 36: Jack's story

All of them went to the reception and sat on the chairs surrounding a table. There were a fair number of people there but everyone seemed to be busy int heir own work. No one noticed all of them, which relieved the trio because at the moment, all they wanted was to vanish in a crowd.

The priest began,"So, what do you guys know about it?"

"We know the story of Jasi-"

Samira was cut in between by the priest saying,"Shh. Don't take the name! Don't you know anything about the spirits?"

"Actually, no"

"I mean we are not a priest to know all about them. We are just kids"

"I am too. Okay, nevermind. Never ever take the name of those kind of spirits"

"What do you mean by those kind? There are different kinds in spirits?!?!"

"Oh god! You people know nothing. We don't have time to explain the basics. Just believe me"

"Sorry but how can we believe a complete stranger in such a serious matter of life and death"

"I understand. So what do you want me to do?"

"Introduce yourself"

"Okay, I am a priest and my father gave you-know-who the curse, which I suppose you know as you said you know it's story"

"Yes"

"But you dont know it all"

"So tell us then"

"I was just ten years old when I saw my father jump of the same hospital's building"

"What? He comitted suicide?"

"No, he was killed by you-know-who"

"What? How could she kill a priest? And that priest who has given her a curse?"

"It all depends on the circumstances. My father was a very powerful priest and she couldn't even touch him but I was a very small and less powerful priest at that time. It..it.."

The priest had tears in his eyes.

"It used me as a tool to kill my own father"

"You mean you killed it sir"

"Don't call me sir. I am just near about your age"

"Okay, so..."

"Jack"

"Ya, Jack, you mean you killed it"

"No"

"What? You just... It's confusing this way"

"Okay, let me continue where I left it. It could posses me as I wasn't that powerful at that time. And so it did. It possessed me and threatened my father to kill me if he doesn't take the curse back. But once a curse is given, it couldn't be taken back. It was getting angrier and angrier. It tried to kill my father while I am still possessed by her. But, my father was very intelligent, he knew that if i killed him, no one would believe a 5 years old boy that a spirit possessed him and killed his father. He knew I would suffer a lot if this happens. So, he killed himself instead"

"What???"

"Yes, he sacrificed his life so that I don't face any problems. He was my hero and the best father! The only flaw was that he didn't teach me to live without him. My mother and I suffered a lot after his death. Then, his best friend gave me an ancient book and told me that it was my father's book and he told him to give it to me after his death. I learned very much from that book about spirits and how I could protect myself from them or kill them entirely. But soon I realized that it wasn't just a book"

"Then, what was it?"

"It was my father himself!"

"What?????"

---------------------------------------------------------
After such a long time a new character is there. Hope you all are enjoying the story so far. My exams are pretty near, so be prepared for less updates at any time. I haven't uploaded a bonus update for a while because I hardly find any time. These regular updates have also became very difficult now.

But, it is your support that keeps me going. Whenever I feel like I can't upload another chapter, I see my views and I get motivated a lot to write more and more and become better at it.

Enough about me now! What do you guys think about Jack now? Do you feel he is going to become one of the main character in some time or do you think he is just a minor character? Do let me know in the comments section or even in my conversation.

Kindly take a moment to vote, comment and share my chapters. It really means a lot to me and it takes just 2 seconds of yours.

Thanks For Reading!!!