Chapter 41: The Crystal Ball

Bob and Ria woke up gradually. They both had been unconscious for a pretty long time.

"Where are we???",said Ria in surprise

"I...don't know", replied Bob

"Wait...the spirit took us!", Flashbacks started to come to Ria

"Ya! But, why has it put us here?"

"What is this place is the first question, Bob"

Bob looked around. They were in some kind of underground dungeon. It was very cold there. They were in a room with a locked prison-like gate. They were surrounded by a little wet stone walls, with moss growing uncontrollably over them. None of them had ever seen a place like that.

"Hey! What's that?"

Bob followed Ria's gaze and saw a fairly large crystal ball.

"No idea. But it seems to be some kind of fortune telling stuff. That's a blind guess okay"

"But why has it brought us here? I mean, it could have killed us in a second"

"Ya...maybe she wants to use us for something, who knows?"

Suddenly, a dreadful figure came into the dungeon. It was a human-like figure of a lady, but the only irony was that it was covered in BLOOD! Her face was just too horrific to describe, with blood all over it. Her face was too squished and filled with deep cuts that too covered in blood. She also didn't have a pupil. Her or its eyes were empty. Her body had scratches everywhere and bruises were visible too. Her, or rather IT was wearing a dress probably belonged to the hospital staff.

With that it wasn't that hard to tell who it was. It was the spirit of Jasica Mathews, so this was her original form.

Ria and Bob suddenly looked away after they had seen that face. Ria vomited at one of the corners of their so-called cell.

Bob comforted her by rubbing her back and tried to settle her down, although he was just about to throw up himself. I mean who wouldn't after seeing that rather squashed, crushed and blood soaked face.

It picked up the crystal ball and threw it in their cell. Then it said in a rather distorted voice, "TELL ME WHAT YOU SEE INSIDE IT"

None of them had the courage to do anything. Both of them felt frozen.

"DO IT NOW!!!", screamed the spirit in a rather high voice

Bob and Ria had now understood that they had to do whatever the spirit said because it could kill them but more terrifying were it's screams. They were unbearable.

Judging that Ria was too shocked to do anything, Bob proceeded towards the crystal ball so that the spirit wouldn't scream again.

He lifted the crystal ball and tried to see inside it. It was just blank.

"WHAT DO YOU SEE?"

"Nothing. It's blank"

"I DONT BEAR LIES YOU FILTHY LITTLE BOY!!!"

"But it's blank! No, wait..."

Suddenly things started to emerge in the crystal ball. Bob could see Samira and Jack together. They were with Samira's parents. They were talking but nothing was audible to him.

Bob understood that the spirit was using the crystal ball and him to know what Samira and Jack were planning.

He lied, "I can see...a garden. Jack and Samira are there, relaxing"

"LIES!!!"

The spirit raised her hand and made some movements with her fingers, wich were again full of scratches and blood.

The ball suddenly flew up, freeing itself from Bob's grip. It projected everything he actually had seen.

The spirit stared at it, noticing what they were doing and went away gradually.

Now, Bob and Ria were left alone.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey readers! DrishKing008 is here with another update. Still I haven't missed a single update due to my exams. I am proud of myself for that.

My exams are over at 9th March. So, I will update way too often after that because I will be almost completely free.

Maybe I will do a update daily, who knows? 😉🤫😊 But I will do this only if you guys show your support on my chapters like earlier. Now, none shows any support😔 but you can lift my mood by voting or commenting on my chapter. Tell me if you want a week of updates every single day. Then, I might give it a try because I have many chapters already written and ready to publish with a click.

What do you think about my novel so far? I hope you guys are liking it because I am loving to write it, really.

It has become more of a horror novel now, as I promised you guys.

No shout-out so far again

Thanks For Reading!!!