Chapter 54: Risks Of Apparating

Samira was feeling sicker than ever. She felt like going into nothingness. She felt Jack's hand slipping and remembered Holding me tight is all you have to do.

She tried to regain the grip on Jack's hand but his hands were sweaty and while trying to hold him tighter, her hand slipped and she lost Jack's hand.

As soon as she lost Jack's hand she felt her feet on solid ground but all her mind was empty because of the sudden intense pain in her  arm. She couldn't stand it. She couldn't open her eyes due to the spirit-crushing pain. All she could do was close her eyes and feel the pain.

She tried to scream but she couldn't. After a lot of efforts, she managed to scream out, "JACK!"

Muffled sound of fast footsteps reached her ears. She felt like fainting on the spot. Her body wasn't allowing her to even breathe. She was about to faint, when she thought about Ria and Bob, they needed her help. She couldn't faint. She had to stay well. She had to stay well...

Samira was battling her mind when she heard Jack's voice, "SAMIRA! Wake up! You have to! Come on!"

She wanted to speak but no voice would come out of her lips, they just moved soundlessly.

With great effort she moved her other arm and found Jack. She fainted upon him and felt herself blanking out.

Jack was petrified on the sight of Samira with her shoulder injured so bad and blood covering her shirt. He couldn't think anything. His mind froze. He couldn't let Samira go so easily. He had to do something...

Suddenly Jack remembered something and pulled out a small bottle of something from his pocket. He poured a little amount of the mysterious liquid in Samira's lifeless mouth.

Suddenly, Samira gave a shook and opened her eyes. She saw Jack's face inches apart from hers. His face was tensed and full of sweat.

Although she was concious, she couldn't move. She managed to speak in a voice no louder than a whisper, "Jack"

Through her half open eyes and half functioning senses, she felt Jack picking her up.

He walked towards an abandoned house and broke the lock on it. He moved into the house, with Samira in his arms and lay her on an empty table, which was big enough for her.

He was trembling with worry and fear for her. She felt him leaning upon her, immensely close to her, checking for her heart beat. She smiled and said, "I am alive Jack"

Jack straightened up at once. He looked directly into her eyes and hugged her tight, as close to himself as he could.

"I am sorry...I...suddenly did all this...you weren't ready for it...It's all my faul-"

Gathering all the energy left in her, she put her fingers on his lips, making him stop talking.

"It's not your fault Jack, don't blame yourself"

He remained quite for sometime and after a minute said, "I have given you a potion, dad gave me in case of emergencies, you will recover in no time, in fact you might feel yourself gaining strength"

"I can..."

"Till you recover, I am going to...just...have a look around the house to calculate our next move"

She simply nodded. Jack hugged her again and left to examine the house.

Samira saw that her arm was heavily injured, blood was all over it. But, somehow, it was healing itself. 

Samira felt her mind buzzing with thoughts, Did he care for all his clients equally?  Or am I special? I felt him dying out of worries when I was half concious. Surely he won't care for everyone this much? But, then, why me? Do I mean something more to him? Cause he surely means something to me...and it's more than a friend. Why do I feel so secure with him? He is even more special than Bob...Oh god Samira! Stop right now!!! 

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers! Here is another Sunday update for you guys. My summer vacations have started so I might do some bonus updates even without the votes I demanded for a bonus update. But I am not sure. But, if you surely want a bonus update. Do vote on the latest chapter and a bonus update will be there in no time.

You can vote casually too. So, vote, Comment and Share the chapters if you want to know what happens next.

Also, I would like to thank MaxNebula for voting and commenting on the chapters. Your interactions really motivate me to write more and better.

Thanks For Reading!!!