Chapter 53: The Once Happy Trio

Bob caught the key with his other hand and a smile appeared on his face. It was the first time they were actually excited and hopefull in a long time. He showed it to Ria. She immediately put her arms around him and Bob hugged back. They both were smiling too brightly. After all they had to go through, they thought it was time for a little celebration. They started shouting cries of joy and broke into a small dance. It looked like they were having the time of their lives in that old smelly dungeon.

"Lets's just get out of here Ria, I can't wait anymore"

"It has been days since I have seen sunlight. Let's GO!"

Bob slided his hands in between the bars of their cell and reached for the lock. Within 5 seconds there was a click, echoing through the silence.

Bob threw open the door, held Ria's hand tightly and went out of the cell. Ria blushed furiously while holding hands with Bob. They both moved out of the cell.

There was nothing of much significance there. There was just a staircase leading towards a door. It was from where the spirit used to come to them.

"Do we neccessarily need to go that way", said Ria

"I think we do. There is no other way out"

"But who knows what's waiting for us behind that door? Maybe it has set up a trap there to catch us if we escape? I mean she herself kept the key there!"

"I know...But it is our only chance of escaping"

"She herself might be standing there!"

"That's why we need to hurry! She can come at any moment and then we will be trapped again or even dead"

"Bu-"

"Look Ria. We need to gather all our courage and do this. We need to leave this place. Think about Samira. She needs us right now. Before the spirit comes, we need to leave"

Before Ria could argue anymore, Bob gave her hand a comforting squeeze and pulled her into a warm hug.

"Believe in me. Everything is going to be alright"

Ria sighed and said, "Fine" and hugged him back.

After a moment, they separated and without wasting anymore time, Bob gathered all his courage and twisted the door knob. He pushed open the door and was relieved to see no one there.

He was introduced to an old, dusty room with cobwebs all over the place. There was an old or rather ancient sofa in front of him. There were two chairs and a table between them. Many old photographs were hanging on the old, worn-out walls of the room.

Bob proceeded towards one of the photos and cleared the dust off it. Once the thick layer of dust had been removed, three young women were seen smiling brightly into the camera. They all were holding hands and looked extremely happy in eachother's company.

Bob noticed nurse batches on their dresses. On reading them, he realised that they all were none other than Monicka and Jasica with another woman named Amrita between them. They looked so happy in the pic that it was  hard to believe that one of them was dead and the other one had became a lethal spirit.

Ria was also thinking the same. Lost in thoughts, she rested her forehead on Bob's shoulder and Bob put a comforting arm around her. She felt secure with him and enjoyed his company. Noticing his arm around her, she felt more comfortable and snuggled closer to him, resting her head on the crook of his neck.

Bob noticed this and tightened his grip on her. Maybe he felt something for her...he never felt this thing even with Samira. He wanted to be as close to her as possible. He thought he needed to have a conversation with Samira and tell her to be happy with Jack as he might have found someone he could be happy with.

They both stood there in silence, each lost in their own thoughts revolving around the photo and themselves together.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey readers! DrishKing008 is here with another Sunday update for you guys.

Hope you are enjoying the story so far. I can't believe we are at almost 400 views! That's huge and it means a lot to me.

Vote, Comment and Share the chapters as usual. 2 votes will mean a bonus update. So, if you are excited smash that star below. Till then take care.

Thanks For Reading!!!